Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Weird electrical problem

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird electrical problem
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was driving my car yesterday and went to use the left blinker. Inside on the dash the indicator to the left wouldnt light up. However, the signal was flashing on the outside of the car. I went to the right and it worked fine on the cluster and outside of car. I then got curious and messed with the dimmer wheel and I lost all lights in the cluster when I moved it. Had to mess with it and get a sweet spot and all the lights came back on.

Started the car up today and now everything works perfectly okay. Where should I start? I have no idea but it seems really weird.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that has happend to me a couple times , it should be fine maybe just a loose switch or something
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Burnt out blinker lite in your cluster and your dimmer switch is broken. The dimmers break often easy fix.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea my dimmer does the same. if i mess with it ill lose the cluster lights. i have to find the sopt too for them to come back on.

for sure a bulb is out in the cluster about the turn signal indicator.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
Burnt out blinker lite in your cluster and your dimmer switch is broken. The dimmers break often easy fix.

Today in the morning everything worked fine. The left light lit up on the cluster and the dimmer was ok also... [Confused]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com