Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » for those of you who have done a 3g alt. upgrade....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: for those of you who have done a 3g alt. upgrade....
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i purchased the wiring kit from PA Performance and received it in the mail. I am going to purchase a 95 Mustang 3g alternator today as well. The instructions that came with the wiring kit are pretty clear, but it doesn't state that I will need any other materials in order to complete this swap. Anybody wanna give me any kind of input please? What else is needed besides the alternator and the wiring kit from PA Performance?

edit: i know how to route the wiring, and i know that i will need to do some clearancing to the stock alternator bracket. Just want to know what other materials i will needs besides the wiring kit and the alt. itself.

[ January 19, 2007, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: uh0h50 ]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should be good to go. Here is an article on the installation

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/26599/

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
success! everything went well. the only hard part about the install was the fact i had to use a hacksaw to modify the alt. bracket. other then that, it went smoothly... [patriot]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call javier if you need any info.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
success! everything went well. the only hard part about the install was the fact i had to use a hacksaw to modify the alt. bracket. other then that, it went smoothly... [patriot]

Good shit [patriot] A dremmel works best for clearancing the bracket. That's what I used.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:

Good shit [patriot] A dremmel works best for clearancing the bracket. That's what I used.
I wish I had a dremel. I was going at it with that damn hacksaw for a good 45 minutes... [Eek!] the ghetto mexican way

--------------------
AP1 S2000

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie306:
call javier if you need any info.

i did, that fool doesn't answer his phone, or at least my calls..

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com