Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Dura Spark II and Dizzy

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dura Spark II and Dizzy
An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for An86TexasStang  Ford pictures for An86TexasStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody out there that is running a 4eye stock ignition module? I am in the process of trying to get my car running but seem to either run out of time or not have the money. I have tonight and tomorrow to work on my car and was wondering if anybody has the original Dura Spark II and dizzy on their car and was wondering if you could post some pics or anything that would help. I have the following http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/d.../duraspark.htm but I cant seem to get it to work so I guess I need a real visual aid. Thanks for any help.

An86TexasStang

Posts: 323 | From: Vandenberg Air Force Base,CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what are you trying to do?its pretty much just plugs in and your done,there isnt much more to it then that.What problems are you having?
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for An86TexasStang  Ford pictures for An86TexasStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there are no connectors, and the wires are all different colors. The person who had it before me trashed it.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by An86TexasStang:
there are no connectors, and the wires are all different colors. The person who had it before me trashed it.

it would be alot easier and the correct way if you just went to a wrecking yard and picked up a complete underhood harness.it unplugs right under the hood so its not hard to change at all.otherwise you WILL have probelms in the future with "rigged" wiring issues!
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for An86TexasStang  Ford pictures for An86TexasStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I totally agree but all of the boneyards out here are shit and I would have to drive atleast 2 1/2 to 3 hours to a decent one. Just thought I would put it out there and see if someone could help me out. Thanks though.
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got an 79 stang running today. I will take some pics when i get a chance,so you need pics of the box connected to the dizzy?! keep in mind that some boxes use different color connectors and 2 or 3 plugs from the box.

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Mine is an 84 and it has a blue grommet. What carb are you running, I have a stock 4180 and also need some vacuum diagrams or pics if availabe. Any help in getting this car running would be greatly apprciated.

Johnny
arguelloaj@verizon.net

[ January 16, 2007, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: An86TexasStang ]

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Mine is an 84 and it has a blue grommet. What carb are you running, I have a stock 4180 and also need some vacuum diagrams or pics if availabe. Any help in getting this car running would be greatly apprciated.

Johnny
arguelloaj@verizon.net

I have the dreaded variable venturi carb! [Frown] its like a progressive 2 barrel carb,which i am switching to a standard 2100 2 bbl ford carb. i saw your post on foureyed pride,but some members are a little mad at me for stripping a 79 Pace Car for parts! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Oh wow a 79 pace car...Well to each's own right. They will get over it. I am a little fond of the 4eyes but have yet own an 87 or 88 which I really want. I have 3 4 eyes but my 86 vert is my daily EFI driver. The 85 is a LX shell and my 84 hatch is a 5.0 with engine/tranny mostly primered car. I think I am going to get the engine running and swap it to my 85. Well, anything would be great to help me out. Thanks again!

Johnny

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Oh wow a 79 pace car...Well to each's own right. They will get over it. I am a little fond of the 4eyes but have yet own an 87 or 88 which I really want. I have 3 4 eyes but my 86 vert is my daily EFI driver. The 85 is a LX shell and my 84 hatch is a 5.0 with engine/tranny mostly primered car. I think I am going to get the engine running and swap it to my 85. Well, anything would be great to help me out. Thanks again!

just sent you some pics from my gmail account camarokid etc etc [patriot]

Johnny

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Let me know if you need any other pics? Good luck. I just got my 79 to move under its on power today! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Sweet, I bet it was a cool feeling. I wish I had that luck and time to tinker with mine. I would just love to get the wiring and carb hooked up to see it the engine will turn over and turn on.....oh well! I guess I might just have to send it to a shop and see what they say.

Johnny

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com