Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cut outs on flowmasters? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: cut outs on flowmasters?
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CMELEVU:
When it comes to bench racing/dyno, my friend is a pro. He's going with these, http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D17223&N=700+4294923429+400358+115&autoview=sku

supposedly they flow 2200cfm. I dont think running an open exhaust is going to be very ear friendly in a street car. Plus I agree with some previous posts, on a stock displacement motor, back pressure is your friend.

Those are good mufflers(if you want to call them that,LOL) but WAY to loud for an everyday street driven car.If you want to make some power with a converntional turbo muffler hit me up and Ill get you going in the right direction.Anyone who has heard my cars know they are relitivly quiet for what they are.
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:

You will gain no power though. Their was a dyno test done with stock,no mufflers,and every aftermarket muffler. There was no gain more than 2hp between any of them.

not true.i have personally installed many exhaust systems and mufflers that have gained great numbers at the track and dyno on just those changes.3/10's is ALOT more then 2 hp.DONT beleive everything you read [Wink]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:

You will gain no power though. Their was a dyno test done with stock,no mufflers,and every aftermarket muffler. There was no gain more than 2hp between any of them.

not true.i have personally installed many exhaust systems and mufflers that have gained great numbers at the track and dyno on just those changes.3/10's is ALOT more then 2 hp.DONT beleive everything you read [Wink]
05-07 stangs gain nothing from a axle back. The stock muffler is high flow,and the whole exhaust is mandrel bent 2 1/2" from the factory. Not talking about 5.0's [Wink]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com