Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cheap street/strip drag springs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheap street/strip drag springs
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gonna change the suspension set up. I know a lot of people used to run front 4cyl. springs for drag springs. How about on the rear? Do they run 4cyl. springs in the rear too? Also, I will be running the J&M lower control arms. What yall recommend for the uppers?

[ December 31, 2006, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
An affordable way to do it is get a set of the Morosso Trick Front Drag Springs.For the rear get a set 86-93 V8 GT Rear Springs.As far as Uppers,go with an adjustable set that way you can set the pinion angle.

If you are looking for upper and lower control arms,I have a set I was going to use in my 86 but with the coilover setup I have I would be wasting the capabilities I have.They are the Granetelli Double Adjustable Uppers with Granetelli Lowers.The lowers are adjustable as well and you can also adjust ride height 1" up or 2" lower as well as preload.Let me know if you may be interested in them.

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com