Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 1990 premium sound?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1990 premium sound?
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 90 gt and am having trouble with sound on my aftermarket pioneer deck.

I see this small rectangular box with wires on top of it behind the radio. All of the wire connectors are there.

There are 2 screws one on each sode that hold it in. I unscrewed those and the box can slide right out.

Does it have anything to do with the airbags? If not i need to bypass the amp or accomodate it for my deck.

any help is aprreciated

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need to rewire the car to have speaker wires from the speakers to the new deck. enjoy. id pay circuit shitty the 80 bux they charge to do it.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:
you need to rewire the car to have speaker wires from the speakers to the new deck. enjoy. id pay circuit shitty the 80 bux they charge to do it.

Nope.

If you pull the amp he found, then plug the adapter connectors you can buy at any stereo shop into the harness that was plugged into the little amp, it will work fine. Hell, the adapters have the wires individually labelled.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea tucked away up under the hvac controls is 2 more wireing adapters. i plugged the new harness in and all of the speakers work now. i tossed the amp in the trash can after all the problems it gave me. Now for some upgraded speakers and my subs.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com