Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Please help finding an illuminated 12volt switch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help finding an illuminated 12volt switch
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopeuflly someone can point me in the right direction. I am looking for a push button switch that is illuminated, one that is not too bright but lighted enough to find it when driving at night. I would like to use it to power an accessory: like foglights for example. Can you think of anything that will look nice and will work on a 12v system?
Example:
 -
This is exactly what im looking for. However, this particular switch is used for the front of a computer to turn it on/off. It says that you have to run a resistor in line and its also a momenaty switch. I need something that is an on/off without momentary. I believe because it momentary I would overheat it and it would blow.
Thanks for any help!
Harold

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.xoxide.com/rocker.html

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/700225/Lighted_Rocker.html

I got a round one with a red LED from the 2nd link to use for my electric fan.

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the reply! Those links are great.
I think im looking for something like a power window switch. When you turn on your headlamps at night there is just enough light on the switch to where it doesnt blind you, but you know where its at because the light is very subtle. I have a switch in my jeep that has the blue led, that thing is blinding! haha! Maybe something that it back light or glows just enough to find it at night. I wont be using the light for when the switch is in the ON position, but will use it to be able to see where the switch is at night, easily findable.
[patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com