Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » $Who is around Vallejo Ca. that is good at tuning carbs, timing, ect...$

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: $Who is around Vallejo Ca. that is good at tuning carbs, timing, ect...$
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who is around Vallejo Ca. that is good at tuning carbs, timing, ect... I just put a new motor in my car and i cant get it to run right. i need someone who knows what they are doing.. My car is backfiring back through the carb, staying on when I turn it off, the passanger side header is getting so hot that it melts sparkplug boots, its just a mess. Let me know if anyone can do it and how much $$ you want. Its a 331 if that makes a difference.

[ December 22, 2006, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: PopTheHood ]

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well im not in the area but if your willing to make a drive im sure are shop can take care of it for you or atleast show you what the problem is...We are located in fresno area....

are number is 559 579 2586 and ask for nathan.Im the tuner there and we do everything from l.s.1 to fox bodys to carbed or hondas....

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only a 5 hour drive [Confused]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry just threw it out there if nothing else was out there...We do good work and sometimes its worth the drive...

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll fix it for you Erich [Wink] .
Its an easy fix we'll just trade motors and in the blink of an eye all your problems will be fixed. [Eek!]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm sent
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like your timing is retarded too much. Big cams like a lot of base timing.

Also sounds like you got some run on. Did you hook up a msd or change the ignition at all?

[ December 23, 2006, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Motorhead6T5 ]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey PoptheHood,

Lets start at the begining and double check the firing order. First make sure that you are on tdc then go through the firing order. Be advised that some camshafts change the firingorder. Your engine builder or cam company should be able to tell you if it is different than stock.

When you are sure that is ok recheck your base timing.

Hope this helps. If you still need help we are just over the bridge from you next to the Concord airport.

[ December 24, 2006, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: dynoguy ]

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com