Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 03-04 Cobra Stock Blower

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 03-04 Cobra Stock Blower
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will this be possible to fit on a 4.6L GT...2v?

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nope.
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you got a lower manifold off a 2V saleen that had a blower...i dont see why not.

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so a lower intake manifold off an S281SC...but i probably would be looking for hella little parts and stuff huh? I think i may be better of with a ProCharger Kit...well the Eaton Blower is only 300 bucks...well the one that i found...so i thought it could be possible to fabricate it to a 2v GT motor...so i can [burnout]

--------------------
1996 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did'nt you have a post about doing a heads and cam package for your car and another thread about buying a stroker kit for your car? Then another thread about a turbo and another about a supercharger for your car before this one? [Confused] Rather than trying to fabricate an 03-04 blower to fit your car you would be better off buying a vortech or something and calling it a day
90RanGer
¯
Member # 2906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90RanGer  Ford pictures for 90RanGer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont bother, saleen lower manifold is junk anyway. If you want a roots blower look at allen engine http://www.allen-superchargers.com/ or just get procharger, vortech, kenne bell etc.
Posts: 142 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8850GT:
if you got a lower manifold off a 2V saleen that had a blower...i dont see why not.

unless the blower to manifold bolts are spaced together...

You would also need the aftercooler... among other things

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for doing those swaps the big bucks is all in the stupid front timing cover and accessories.pullies,alternatot remount,etc..you get good power and one thing bolt in guys dont have originality.i dont know about this site but there are plenty of threads around that show all you need.
 -

Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 64valves:
for doing those swaps the big bucks is all in the stupid front timing cover and accessories.pullies,alternatot remount,etc..you get good power and one thing bolt in guys dont have originality.i dont know about this site but there are plenty of threads around that show all you need.
 -

I saw that on the Mach1reg... I think I even PM'd you about it before I traded in the Mach1. I really like your install.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks.it was a bitch.and i could get more power out of a kb or procharger.but my blower does say ford on it.lol

at least now when the motor blows ill just lower the comp and buy a whipple head unit like the terminator guys. [Big Grin]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I looked into doing it on a customers 2V....
The Saleen setups sucks ASS. But the Roush intake is pretty nice.
You must also take into acount that the 03/04 Cobra blower is longer...the Saleen/Roush's came with an Eaton M90, not a 110. The 03/04 Cobra also has a longer snout & an 8-rib setup....so you may need to source a snout from an M90, which should bolt right up to the larger blower....
Again, the Saleen setup sucks ass as it has a 6-rib setup, but the Roush uses an 8-rib that's very similar to the 03/04 Cobra setup (they might even use the same bracket).

Big money for not a lot of gain.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

not to be snobby but its a m112.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
not to be snobby but its a m112.

Yep, just saw that I fat-fingered it.
Point is the 90/112 designates the length of the lobes/case. So the front snout assembly has the same bolt-pattern & is the same size (height/width). The M112 is simply longer....although it still may not fit due to bolt patterns, duct work, etc.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
thanks.it was a bitch.and i could get more power out of a kb or procharger.but my blower does say ford on it.lol

at least now when the motor blows ill just lower the comp and buy a whipple head unit like the terminator guys. [Big Grin]

Heck, for now port that bad boy! [Big Grin]
http://www.stiegemeier.com/index.html
and, yes... i'm playing devil's advocate! [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

from what i gathered im already pushin it on my stock motor plus i drive like an asshole so im just gonna leave it untill d-day.then im just gonna buy a whipple head unit and up the fuel system.my car is only lowered so traction is already a major issue.dont need to go any more at this point basically.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90RanGer:
Dont bother, saleen lower manifold is junk anyway. If you want a roots blower look at allen engine http://www.allen-superchargers.com/ or just get procharger, vortech, kenne bell etc.

The allen charger is a Street only kit. It tops out at 6lbs of boost. Its not for those who wanna be badass, and own all. It's for those who want a little extra umph, without having their motors blow up.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
90RanGer
¯
Member # 2906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90RanGer  Ford pictures for 90RanGer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
Originally posted by 90RanGer:

The allen charger is a Street only kit. It tops out at 6lbs of boost. Its not for those who wanna be badass, and own all. It's for those who want a little extra umph, without having their motors blow up.
Well they do the have the intercooled 9psi kit, the Rev II manifold has the generation 5 m-90s, there are a couple people ive seen push close to 400rwhp with exhaust t/b and 90mm maf on the 99-04 cars. You are right though, it really is just a nice blower kit with oem quality, if you wanna push more then 400rwhp then definitly look elsewhere. If you are looking for something that will give you that fun factor and not blow your engine up then look here. You could push more then 400rwhp out of the allen kit but you would need ported heads and cams, you cant really boost more then 9-10 on that allen kit because you are spinning the m-90 past its efficiency.

They also have the 2.3 whipple racekit which is really nice, but there is a bit of fabrication work you gotta do and its not CARB legal.

EDIT: heres a dyno video of a bullit with the allen kit @9psi, best it made was 392rwhp/389rwtq

http://www.allenengine.com/Steve_LowRes.wmv

[ December 15, 2006, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: 90RanGer ]

90RanGer
¯
Member # 2906

Oh yah and Autumn I also talked to someone recently who put a KB 99-04 kit on their headswapped 96. Heres what you can do, buy the 99-04 intercooled tuner kit. Get your own fuel pump, tune etc. You will need to get a 99-04 alternator, aftermarket fuel rails( or modify your own) and move your coil pack for more room for the intercooler reservoir, the brackets for the intercooler are different also.
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

hey thanks ya'll. Someone mentioned i should go with something easier...I'm thinking of a Procharger kit now, how much psi can i push on my stock block?

--------------------
1996 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by autumnstang97:
hey thanks ya'll. Someone mentioned i should go with something easier...I'm thinking of a Procharger kit now, how much psi can i push on my stock block?

20psi FTW! [Big Grin]
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

i havent seen too many 2v's with more than 430'ish hp last more than a couple months.good luck and be carefull.
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

I was thinking of 14psi with a good tune...i shouldnt have any problems with that right? i'll the compression checked before...

--------------------
1996 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I was thinking of 14psi with a good tune...i shouldnt have any problems with that right? i'll the compression checked before...

BOOM!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

yeah you better forge it first.its not about compression to boost ratio.you can blow 'em up with too many bolt ons.
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You should be looking for about 10 psi MAX on a stock 2v motor.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com