Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » IMRC Deletes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: IMRC Deletes
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I looked in back articles and found only PaulsHighPerformance to carry these. Is that true? It seems as if they aren't availible there anymore but I haven't called yet. Does anyone know where the best one are still sold. Maybe some aluminum ones? I am haveing the hardest time finding information on them and where to buy.

Mine need to be replaced because under wide open it sometimes just falls on its face due to the runners closing. Please help!

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have Aluminum IMRC's (only seen a few plastic ones over the years), then pull yours out, remove the blades, remove the shaft & have the ends welded up. Simple, easy & dirt cheap.
Done it tons of times...
You'll have to run springs on the throttle ends to keep the computer from throwing an error code. There must be resistance on the throttle linkages in order for the computer to still think the IMRC plates are working. Or, have a chip put in that has the IMRC function deleted.

Expect ~10ft/lbs of torque loss below 3500rpm on an N/A motor.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you.
I have a 98 so mine are plastic. I have a spare set in which last night I took completely apart and will be jb welding the holes up to make it function.

Now on the check engine light, I already have it coming on saying that bank 1 side of IMRC has an error. So I currently have one side acting up. I just want to eliminate them completely but don't want the code coming on. There isn't a plug in device similer to MIL eliminators for exhaust that can be plugged in the original harness to trick the computer? If not, is a chip the only way to prevent it? I'm not sure how you would hook up a resistance spring to that after removal.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what is broken. If the plates themselves are stuck closed, then simply putting springs on the ends of the throttle linkages will prevent an error code. If it's the computer itself (mounted under the intake), then you'll need to use a chip/flasher to turn off the IMRC function....thereby eliminating any error codes.

Even on 98's I've found aluminum IMRC plates.

What I typically did as well was smooth out the ports in the IMRC plates with a sanding roll & die grinder. I'd also use a punch to remove the bearings on either end on the plates.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com