Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 351w bored .060 over

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 351w bored .060 over
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was given a fresh 351w bored .060 over. it has never been fired. i believe that it came out of a vehicle from 1978. here are some numbers i pulled of th motor. the heads say d8oe and also say 8815 near the rockers. the block says wcp-13 and the pistons read 463F .060.

my question is would you guys be afraid to do a performance oriented build because of the large overbore

Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
o my gay.....

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unless you want to go over 600hp with it, i wouldnt worry. its not a pre74 block it doesnt sound like, but they are still beefier than the 302s. if you got a deal then go for it. the year code should be on the bottom will start with a letter followed by a number, c=60s, d=70s, 3=80s. the number after that is the second digit in the year 0-9
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look on the bottom side of the block near the back of the motor. It should have a casting number that starts with a letter and a number after that. D8 would be a 1978 block.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
k thanks guys...

[ December 10, 2006, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: baggins ]

Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by baggins:
i was given a fresh 351w bored .060 over. it has never been fired. i believe that it came out of a vehicle from 1978. here are some numbers i pulled of th motor. the heads say d8oe and also say 8815 near the rockers. the block says wcp-13 and the pistons read 463F .060.

my question is would you guys be afraid to do a performance oriented build because of the large overbore

Take it to someone and have it sonic checked. It'll give you a definite answer of how much material you have in the wall...

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com