Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need some opinions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need some opinions
SN95_Momba
¯
Member # 5842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SN95_Momba  Ford pictures for SN95_Momba    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok on my 2000 GT i had a issue where i was losing battery power from the car i tested the alternator n battery with my voltmeter found out it was the alternator replaced that n first thing that popped in my head was the reason for the alternator to go bad i need to kno if it could be my voltage regulator or something else i dont want to get a new alternator in have the same proplem happening again can some one give me some feedback on what else to fix or leave as is.......?

--------------------
1990 Mustangh LX/Vert
2000 Mustang GT
1990 Mustang notch LX 331 blown out :(

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many miles on your car? The alternator could have just gone bad from normal wear. If you are concerned then have the charging system testing and make sure there is not excessive draw. However, I would doubt this would cause you alternator to go bad. Might affect your battery though.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50 5500:
ok on my 2000 GT i had a issue where i was losing battery power from the car i tested the alternator n battery with my voltmeter found out it was the alternator replaced that n first thing that popped in my head was the reason for the alternator to go bad i need to kno if it could be my voltage regulator or something else i dont want to get a new alternator in have the same proplem happening again can some one give me some feedback on what else to fix or leave as is.......?

First off, you need to learn how to speak English and write better sentences. Secondly, to answer your question, an alternator can fail due to a weak battery, a slipping belt, overloading( due to aftermarket electrical components such as a high powered audio system) or high mileage.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
SN95_Momba
¯
Member # 5842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SN95_Momba  Ford pictures for SN95_Momba    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
First off, you need to learn how to speak English and write better sentences. Secondly, to answer your question, an alternator can fail due to a weak battery, a slipping belt, overloading( due to aftermarket electrical components such as a high powered audio system) or high mileage
thats funny i didnt know i was back in grade school and that you are the only one concerned on how i write sentences i dont think that was necessary to put that "first of all" comment out on the forum and we are obviously not "speaking" english on a keyboard so try to think before you type please........ but anyways thank you for answering my question i will be sure to look it up
SN95_Momba
¯
Member # 5842

quote:
How many miles on your car? The alternator could have just gone bad from normal wear. If you are concerned then have the charging system testing and make sure there is not excessive draw. However, I would doubt this would cause you alternator to go bad. Might affect your battery though.
I have 72,000 miles on the car thanks man i hope it shouldnt lead to another problem with the alternator to fix be sure to do a charging system test

--------------------
1990 Mustangh LX/Vert
2000 Mustang GT
1990 Mustang notch LX 331 blown out :(

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same thing happened here. My alternator died and I just put a new one in. However, after my alternator died the positive wire to my battery shorted out or something. Got a new one of those also and all is good again

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com