Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I might have F**ked up my fender *PICS ADDED*

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I might have F**ked up my fender *PICS ADDED*
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a flat...in the rain, and when I went to jack up the car, I saw a tab right below the a-pillar, right behind the wheelwell, on my CRX and my 240sx this was the jack point...apparently not on the 5.0 [Mad]

The fender is bent out now an sticking away from the body, about an inch.
did i just mess up the fender or is there a mounting point I bent?

[ November 15, 2006, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Curt ]

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some pics would help out.
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like he said pics would be the best. I do know that Les Schwabs did that to my car too. All I can say is I was yelling a screaming and cussing out anybody that was in front of me. Long story for another time. My paint is kinda custom so I didn't want to re shoot it. What I did was loosen the bottom fender screws, the middles ones in the door jam and had some friends push in the middle as I tightened the screws. I actually played with it some more after that and got it to line back up pretty well. I would try that out first. You might be able to push it back. But mine wasn't cresed or had any marks from it so I got real lucky.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the fender is rusty anyway, what im worried about is the mounting point, its sticking up right where the moulding is

--------------------
'90 GT

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get some pics up atleast.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

k

--------------------
'90 GT

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

-
 -

--------------------
'90 GT

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

yeah try to re-adjust the with the mounting screws that I told you about. Thats about how mine looked. You should be able to get it pretty close.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

so the mounting points are OK? im hoping i just messed upm the fender and not a chassis piece

Thanks for the help!

--------------------
'90 GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com