Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need a bigger fuel pump?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a bigger fuel pump?
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stock block
B-cam-1.7 rockers
Stock ported heads/stock valves
Typhoon intake
70mm T/B
24's with air meter
full exhaust
I know it needs a bigger one but is it enough to make the car run like crap.

1990 fox.

[ October 26, 2006, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: modular ]

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
stock block
B-cam-1.7 rockers
Stock ported heads
Typhoon intake
70mm T/B
24's with air meter
full exhaust

1990 fox.

If You still have the stock one in the tank or You are not sure cause You aer'nt the original owner then You might as well change it out before it goes out and leaves You stranded. You might as well get the 255 and adjustable fpr and I would stay clear of the BBK adj fpr. I have the aeromotive for the last few year's with no problem's.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 255 for it and it does have a f/p regulator but the car is running like crap.

--------------------

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I HAVE A INLINE FUEL PUMP NEW FOR $80 ITS A VORTECH T REX INLINE 50/70 PSI

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have a 255 for it and it does have a f/p regulator but the car is running like crap.

Why is it running bad? It may not be that you are running out of fuel.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

The regulator is on but the pump isnt. It acts like a bad spark plug wire maybe even a little worse.

--------------------

white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the regulator is mechanical there is no on off if the pump is off the regulator should be reading zero if the pump is off. the fuel pressure shuld be about 40 psi with the car running.
Posts: 161 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Put in a 255 and still runs like poop?

--------------------

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The regulator is on but the pump isnt. It acts like a bad spark plug wire maybe even a little worse.

Well, the first thing I would do (if you haven't already done so) is a full tune up. New plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, PVC, dist cap and rotor, set the timing, set the fuel pressue, and set the TPS.

If you are still having issues with the way the car runs then at least you know it's not something basic.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com