Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Opinions on manifold

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Opinions on manifold
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanted some opinions on the manifold I am going to be running if it is to big. I have a forged 331 Stroker with a Vortech and aftercooler that going to running around 10lbs of boost. Looks like I am going to run AFR 185 for heads. Is the Trick Flow R manifold to big? Should I go with a track series or a holley? Give me some opinions.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
I wanted some opinions on the manifold I am going to be running if it is to big. I have a forged 331 Stroker with a Vortech and aftercooler that going to running around 10lbs of boost. Looks like I am going to run AFR 185 for heads. Is the Trick Flow R manifold to big? Should I go with a track series or a holley? Give me some opinions.

track heat.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What cam? I wouldn't think that the R manifold would be that big. How hard are you gonna spin the motor?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my rpm 2 ..proven in the 5.0 magazine to beat all manifolds....actually it was the rpm but the rpm 2 is way harder 1500-6500 rpms

[ October 19, 2006, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: 2ToNE ToNe ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Change of plans with the heads. I am now going with some tfs hi-ports.

The receipt I have has the cam as Comp Cam 35-000-08 Custom 3343/3334+114
Does that make any sense?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the tfs R intake would be fine with some high ports.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
R intake or RPM II are the intakes you want to go with.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
R or victor jr.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT PLEASE DONT HELP! A track heat intake on a boosted 331? are you retarded?

Why not a Systemax? they make good power under boost to 10's very easily. Systemax, RPM 2, then TFS BOX-R in that order.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT PLEASE DONT HELP! A track heat intake on a boosted 331? are you retarded?

Why not a Systemax? they make good power under boost to 10's very easily. Systemax, RPM 2, then TFS BOX-R in that order.

ill keep my comment to myself.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm in the same situation, i was thinking rpm2, but does anyone now anything about the spyder2 intake?

--------------------
93GT 306 H/C/I supercharged
06 Cummins 6spd
90 GT 5sdp daily driver HCI
16 Hellcat Charger
91GT aod(sold)
88GT5spd(totaled)

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I would run the holley system max....

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might want to re-check that cam info.
According to the #'s:
3343:
BBC lobe (grows 2 degrees on a SBF camshaft so add 2 to the #'s listed)
270 @.006
218 @.050
.480 lift with 1.6's

3334: (Pure street race lobe)
303 @.006
254 @.050
.499 lift with 1.6's

This makes a 218/254 114LSA camshaft. LOL

My vote is for an Edelbrock RPM intake fully ported to match the heads. There's a TEA ported RPM intake at the shop we swapped out for a TFS box. I'm sure the RPM is for sale.....made 750RWHP on a 331 with AFR205's.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Shaun, I just e-mailed you. Let me know if you can make it out?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Shaun, I just e-mailed you. Let me know if you can make it out?

3343/3344 114LSA
218/224 114LSA advertised @.050 lift.
Actual measurements should be 220/226 114LSA unless there is an 'F' after the lobe #'s scribed into the back of the camshaft itself. All comp customs have the lobe #'s scribed into the rear of the camshaft.
Lift is still on the low side at .480/.480 with 1.6's. With this cam you'll want to find a head that flows excellent below .500 lift.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com