Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Brake Problems... HELP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brake Problems... HELP
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just upgraded my brakes to 87-93 spindles and calipers that i had laying around...When i slam on the brakes the pedal stops halfway down and feels like a rock... what could that be? It slow me down but not as much as it used to. Could it be the master cylinder isnt strong enough? If so where could i get a direct bolt in that is more powerful?
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the pedal is hard as a rock then you're brakes are fine. Having a squishy pedal is when you need to start worrying.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The new brakes dont stop me as good as the old ones.. and everyone says there is a big stopping difference between the two.. Its 87-93 four cylinder brakes vs 8 cylinder brakes... I have an 85 mustang.. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/hot85fifty/Sep13136.jpg

[ October 05, 2006, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: PopTheHood ]

Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
master cylinder needs to be upgraded as well .. if you think about it, you upgraded the rotor and brake pads and next would be the master cylinder to make sure that it has upgraded presser to the brake lines ... That if you ask me , just given my 2 cents [patriot] let me know how things turn out ...

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hard pedal is not good.Sounds like a vacuum booster problem or maybe a blockage in the system.Have you bled it out well?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bleed the s_hit out of it when i first did the brakes... im probably gonna do it some more to see what happens...Thanks guys keep postin what else you think it could be

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com