Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hood will not open.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hood will not open.
Stangenthusiast77
¯
Member # 6307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangenthusiast77  Ford pictures for Stangenthusiast77    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have tried having someone infront of the hood try to open while I was pulling the cable, but no good. Anybody know how to open the hood through the underside. *******Last thing I did to my 5.0 was putting on motor mounts on. As a result it left the engine slightly higher than usual. SO I adjusted the 'hood stoppers/bushings" to prevent it from hitting the shroud fan. Now it will not open. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks *******

--------------------
Currently wanting to trade my aero-nose stang for a Four-eyed. Rolling car for Rolling car.

Posts: 68 | From: Los Angeles County | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have someone hit the hood where the latch is as you pull the release and cross your fingers.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have someone sit or push down on the center of your hood, where the latch is. Chances are that you raised the stoppers too much and now there is too much pressure on the latch not letting it spring open. Push down to relieve the pressure, and then bring those stoppers down a little.
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
P.S. It must have taken you like 5 slams to shut that poor hood; that didn't give it away?
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like you will need 3 or 4 guys.

1 to pull the hood latch inside the car.

2 guys on the corners to relieve pressure.

and 1 guy in the middle to pull straight up.

maybe do some wigglin' and jigglin' lol

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BlownNOSMustang
¯
Member # 158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownNOSMustang  Ford pictures for BlownNOSMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lightly push on the center of the hood, While some one else pulls the release cable. Good luck.

--------------------
1993 Hatch,363 CI,670 RWHP

Posts: 238 | From: Cow Town,USA. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com