Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Will the bolts from my stock spoiler fit on a s281 wing it’s for my sn-95??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Will the bolts from my stock spoiler fit on a s281 wing it’s for my sn-95??
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does it use the same bolts from the stock spoiler? And does anyone paint? If yes how much?, thanks!

--------------------
To be or not to be

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they fit but the spoiler wont be properly attached to the trunk. theres only 2 bolt holes for the spoiler but because it runs the length of the trunk the middle and the ends are hella loose. i bolted mine up on my cobra and realized i needed more bolts but didnt want to drill more holes. you have the spoiler that fits flush with trunk lid rite?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
they fit but the spoiler wont be properly attached to the trunk. theres only 2 bolt holes for the spoiler but because it runs the length of the trunk the middle and the ends are hella loose. i bolted mine up on my cobra and realized i needed more bolts but didnt want to drill more holes. you have the spoiler that fits flush with trunk lid rite?

50 deep what did you end up doing to get the spoiler to stay on to your trunk lid with out drilling holes?lmk

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was pissed when I orderd mine from Saleen, they said to use 3m double sided tape. I tried several high strength double sided and nothing worked.

Took it back to the body shop and had it permantly bonded to my deck lid and it was no longer flimsy.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i havent put it on yet. im probably going to have my boy at the shop find a way to put it on without drilling holes. maybe have him fill the gap on the trunk and make it so it looks real smooth like part of the trunk had just been extended. not sure yet.

--------------------

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN I KNOW I GOT MINE STRIGHT FROM SALEEN AND IM PISSED ITS FLIMSY,DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TOP STRP IT DOWN TO THE TRUNK LID WITH OUT TAKING IT TO A SHOP?

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

na man i think your out of luck if you dont plan on going to a body shop. either that or 3M the hell outa that bad boy

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com