Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Who tunes Turbos around here? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who tunes Turbos around here?
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who is sean?

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
who is sean?

quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
Originally posted by NO MANRZ:
Did you read the link above? All of it?

call sean (93pony) he more then capable to do it [worship]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
who is sean?

The person everyone has been telling you to go to. He is the head man at Jeff S shop now, has a DART block twin turbo 93 cobra, and his wifeys GT is quick as well. Call him, dont worry about it any more, he will help you.

Not to burst your bubble, im glad your not planning on going 10's or 9's with your current set up because you should only be around 390 hp and 480 lbs to the wheels say around 9 psi with a stock motor. Not to mention a 62mm turbo is only good to say 500 or a little more hp. Hope you plan on going to a 66 or a 76 Q trim [patriot] to reach your 9 second goal

Good Luck and lets see some photos [Big Grin]

[ March 19, 2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats shauns number?

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(916)715-7569

I run an Incon TT kit on my 93 Cobra. With stock GT40 iron heads, stock Cobra intake, stock Cobra cam, stock shortblock the car *supposedly* made 457/508 Rear wheel on a dyno in Utah (before I bought it). The previous owners best track time was 12.8 @112mph. I bought the car, fixed a few minor issues & ran 13.5 @115mph. LOL After the 331 it put down 430/507 Rear wheel with 7-8psi & ran 11.9 @119mph. With more boost, some porting, & a better cam it's gone as fast as 11.1 @128mph with 12-13psi.....& has NEVER put down more than 457RWHP.

In other words, dyno #'s don't mean shit! [Wink]
They're simply a tool for tuning.

Yes, I can tune your car & have experience with turbo mustangs...but here's the problem...

The dyno at the shop is NOT a load bearing dyno, which means it will not load down the car like the street will. My own personal experience with Apex/Mustang Ranch's dyno (dynojet248's) & my turbo car was that on the dyno it made 2-3psi LESS boost than on the street or at the dragstrip. I could not dial in the tune on an inertia dyno....so I tuned it on the street & have never looked back.

You'll either want to a shop with a load bearing dyno (I believe CDT has one) or have a tuner tune the car at the track....or both.

I can get the tune 'close' on the dyno we have at the shop, but not perfect.....I recomend against tuning a turbo car on an inertia dyno. (dynojet 248)

-Shaun

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i am running stock heads until i blow or break something, my goal is low 10's maybe 9's who knows, but we'll see what happens

LOL [Big Grin] 10's? 9's?

Turbos have great potential, but they are not made by God [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
i am running stock heads until i blow or break something, my goal is low 10's maybe 9's who knows, but we'll see what happens

LOL [Big Grin] 10's? 9's?

Turbos have great potential, but they are not made by God [Wink]

Every guy with a Turbo thinks they are. [Wink] But a supercharger is a band-aid for performance. [Razz]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

not to run 10's or 9's with my stock block, overall goal, i'm not that optimistic, cmon now

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

and if something breaks, top of the line shit will be replacing it.

i've had this car two weeks, money isn't much of an issue, but i'm not dumping everything at first, i'll see how it does with the stock motor, if i'm satisfied then i'm satisfied and i don't think i'm god to whoever posted that shit.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
and if something breaks, top of the line shit will be replacing it.

i've had this car two weeks, money isn't much of an issue, but i'm not dumping everything at first, i'll see how it does with the stock motor, if i'm satisfied then i'm satisfied and i don't think i'm god to whoever posted that shit.

He wasn't referring to you as "God" he was merely referring to your expectations of the turbo installation and your 1/4 mile times.

I also concur on 93Pony he seems to know his $hit whenever he posts. [worship]

NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let us know who you decide to let tune your car and how much rwhp you make with what mods. I've always wondered of those numbers quoted in the magazines are true. 400 rwhp sounds like a lot from a stock motor.
stangboi
¯
Member # 6315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangboi  Ford pictures for stangboi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i called apex today to ask about their dyno and one of the guys said that their dyno jet has the ability to load the rollers b/c they have the dynojet load control add on. i dont know what that is?. what is the differance with a mustang dyno with load control and a 248 with load control. thanks
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dynotrac is what they call it, it basically drags the roller brakes. Mustang dyno's use an eddy current electromagnet to apply load, based on a user input, to hold a certain speed, or based on car weight and aerodynamics.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangboi:
i called apex today to ask about their dyno and one of the guys said that their dyno jet has the ability to load the rollers b/c they have the dynojet load control add on. i dont know what that is?. what is the differance with a mustang dyno with load control and a 248 with load control. thanks

Here is what dynojet.com says the load control is. http://www.dynojet.com/motorcycle_dyno/m250i_load_control.php

"Dynojet's Load Control System uses the latest in eddy current power absorption technology, which combines with our easy-to-use software to give any technician repeatable, consistent results. The Load Control software provides a technician with the ability to control vehicle RPM or speed at any throttle opening. Through our exclusive closed-loop software design, the vehicle is automatically held at the pre determined setting."

looks like its good to 750HP.

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My turboed 02 Gt tuned fine at Apex and ran great on the street. Back when I first installed my turbo about 8 mo.s ago, nobody here in the bay wanted to try to tune my car but Apex. Dunno but, that was my experience.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com