Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Max./Safe HP for 04 cobra?????? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Max./Safe HP for 04 cobra??????
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
not always johnB, my buddys gone 11.90@119 w/437 rwhp about a million times on nittos cutting 1.80s and never had any issues so far......i think its a lot of the idiots that stay on it through the wheel hop that kills them everytime!

Jayl, I'm beginning to think that you don't like me [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] ...I'm one of those "idiots" who stayed in the gas on a wheelhop launch at Sac [Eek!] I can tell ya though, by the time you realize you're wheelhoppin', it's usually too late, it happens that fast. I had no chance to get outta the gas. JohnB can verify the carnage that was once my rear end. I broke the housing completely and driveshaft also fell victim. It was fugly....BUT...JohnB in his usual "help everyone" fashion had my car back on the road in no time...with a IRS brace on this time. I agree with John, gotta upgrade part on the IRS wherever ya can. I'm going with bushings and halfshafts here pretty quick. [patriot] ...or I'm gonna go with a built solid.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
throckman69
¯
Member # 6511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for throckman69  Ford pictures for throckman69    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks again to all that gave their input for me. I hope someday to meet some of you guy's one day. Mabye at the next Apex meet or something. Hopefully my car will be done by then too. This is a cool site to be part of.
Posts: 27 | From: campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:
not always johnB, my buddys gone 11.90@119 w/437 rwhp about a million times on nittos cutting 1.80s and never had any issues so far......i think its a lot of the idiots that stay on it through the wheel hop that kills them everytime!

Jayl, I'm beginning to think that you don't like me [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] ...I'm one of those "idiots" who stayed in the gas on a wheelhop launch at Sac [Eek!] I can tell ya though, by the time you realize you're wheelhoppin', it's usually too late, it happens that fast. I had no chance to get outta the gas. JohnB can verify the carnage that was once my rear end. I broke the housing completely and driveshaft also fell victim. It was fugly....BUT...JohnB in his usual "help everyone" fashion had my car back on the road in no time...with a IRS brace on this time. I agree with John, gotta upgrade part on the IRS wherever ya can. I'm going with bushings and halfshafts here pretty quick. [patriot] ...or I'm gonna go with a built solid.
hahaha in all honesty i forgot you did that!! dont take offense to my comments! you have a sweet ride and i hope it makes all the power you want it to! i was just giving examples from what i had seen and my opinion........

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Lonewolf
¯
Member # 4968

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonewolf  Ford pictures for Lonewolf    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say to pm johnB.. he did the mods I needed and is familiar with the cobra.. My driveline is the next in line as it is a weak link.. however, it can be modded and work well.. irs brace...input shaft... and half-shafts.. enjoy...
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:

hahaha in all honesty i forgot you did that!! dont take offense to my comments! you have a sweet ride and i hope it makes all the power you want it to! i was just giving examples from what i had seen and my opinion........
Shit, no offense taken...I felt like an idiot that night [Embarrassed] . I'm just glad the half shafts held [Smile] Tune tommorrow so I'll see if it makes all the power I want it to...I'll post up with the results. [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcastle  Ford pictures for newcastle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good info...

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231900

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com