Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone knows how to fix a head valve?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone knows how to fix a head valve?
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of the valves on my head got stuck and my piston was hitting it. I dont know much but it seems it got stuck in the open position and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix and how much? Thanks

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wrong section buddy..welcome to tech talk.. [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pull the head and take it to a machine shop.
Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and hope you don't have a hole in the piston

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by whtstang:
One of the valves on my head got stuck and my piston was hitting it. I dont know much but it seems it got stuck in the open position and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix and how much? Thanks

I'm no mechanic but is sounds like you might have a bent valve. You should pull the head and find out what's going on. A valve doesn't just get stuck open for no reason. Usually when the piston hits it the valve it bends it pretty good. Good luck! [patriot]
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First of all take the head out, pull it out and check the valve that was pinging/rattling- or just plain smaking the piston.... check the piston, check for the obvious- any dents cracks deformities. Next thing, to take the valve of dissasemble the whole rocker/valve body- just unscrwew the rocker and place a drill with a rubber tip that goes on top of the valve, its like a little hose, you could find them in any harware stores. Add grease first, check the chamber for any deformities, im pretty sure someone you know has E7 heads that are just laying around, replace the bent one with a new one, make sure to grease it real good and while you are doing it pull in and out, while the valve is spinning, you can tell if the metal around was damaged, if it wasn't drop it in- put everything together. If you can't do this let me know- send me a private message, I can have my personal mechanic/friend check it out personally and fix it. (For a fee of course) Let me know- [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com