Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok put in the new starter...new 02 sensors. and...

NOTHING! still only get..click, click, click...wont turn over!

what the fuck is seriously wrong? [Mad]

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Battery or starter solenoid [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everything light, cd player, everything works inside car and electrical outside. i just bought this starter today..brand fuckin new!

and then..just to see if the old starter worked..i tested it..and it still worked??!?

(tested meaning...put cables to the batt, and then to to the starter....it spinned fine)

so what the hell? its a brand new battery too! could it be the alt?

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
starter solenoid [patriot]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont see how its the solenoid. when its brand new?

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck getting help with a topic title like that.
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that after all the problems you have had with the car, you should take it to a shop. Too many people have worked on the car, not knowing what they were doing. Correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
I think that after all the problems you have had with the car, you should take it to a shop. Too many people have worked on the car, not knowing what they were doing. Correct me if I am wrong.

[Frown] how would i get it there? it doesnt move [Razz]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

you should be able to pop start the car, if its a 5 speed.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by NO MANRZ:
Good luck getting help with a topic title like that.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
you should be able to pop start the car, if its a 5 speed.

guess ill have to do that [Frown]

man this is pissin me off.

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

5.0JerM
¯
Member # 5149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0JerM  Ford pictures for 5.0JerM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm having the same problem!! I just bought a new starter solonoid and a brand new battery and the motor turns but now the car wont stay running. The car starts and dies out instantly.....FU*K!!!!

--------------------
1987 Black Notchback (I'm back!)
1989 White Notchback (4cyl-V8 conversion) R.I.P
1990 Blue Notchback (orginal 5.0) Sold
1996 Saturn SL2 R.I.P

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0JerM:
I'm having the same problem!! I just bought a new starter solonoid and a brand new battery and the motor turns but now the car wont stay running. The car starts and dies out instantly.....FU*K!!!!

that is a completely different problem.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

that is a completely different problem.
LMFAO [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Sounds like a fuel related problem...might be fuel filter or fuel pump, try resetting the fuel shut off switch in the trunk [Confused] just throwin some ideas out there.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check fuse #6 (20amp) in the central junction box. If that fuse is cool go to the ignition switch fuse. Its a 40amp in the battery junction box. NOTE: Battery junction box is the fuse box under the hood, the central junction box is the fuse box under the dash. If the ignition switch fuse is ok go to the starter relay in the battery junction box. Pull the relay, swap it out with your a/c relay and see if the car starts. You can also pull the starter relay, look on the back and you'll see the numbers 85, 30, 86 and 87. Use a test light and check for power at the terminals where the relay comes into the BJB, so it'll be the corresponding terminals that the relay plugs into. With the key on and the clutch in you should have 12v at pin 85. You should have 12v at pin 30 at all times. 86 is ground and 87 goes to the starter solenoid on the starter itself. If you dont have power at pin 85 the clutch pedal position switch could be the problem. Disconnect it and jump the two terminals at the clutch pedal position sensor connector. That should be enough to help out.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:
Check fuse #6 (20amp) in the central junction box. If that fuse is cool go to the ignition switch fuse. Its a 40amp in the battery junction box. NOTE: Battery junction box is the fuse box under the hood, the central junction box is the fuse box under the dash. If the ignition switch fuse is ok go to the starter relay in the battery junction box. Pull the relay, swap it out with your a/c relay and see if the car starts. You can also pull the starter relay, look on the back and you'll see the numbers 85, 30, 86 and 87. Use a test light and check for power at the terminals where the relay comes into the BJB, so it'll be the corresponding terminals that the relay plugs into. With the key on and the clutch in you should have 12v at pin 85. You should have 12v at pin 30 at all times. 86 is ground and 87 goes to the starter solenoid on the starter itself. If you dont have power at pin 85 the clutch pedal position switch could be the problem. Disconnect it and jump the two terminals at the clutch pedal position sensor connector. That should be enough to help out.

[Eek!] im copying and pasting that

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:

[Eek!] im copying and pasting that
Did you want it in spanish too [Razz]

--------------------

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

It is not a fuel problem.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Tooth
¯
Member # 4582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooth  Ford pictures for Tooth  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when a battery has bad cells, can't the electronics still light up? But then it can't pump out enough for something like starting the car? Not sure, but I thought I've heard that..

--------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smeech
http://www.wit-ware.net/graphic.htm - Auto Art - Webpage under drastic re-construction.

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How old is that battery? Can you jump start your car or pop the clutch. The main purpose of the battery, atleast this is what I thought, is to start the car. Once the car is started your alternator maintains the electricity in the car. So I am thinking must be Starter or Battery and since you say you have a new starter then must be either connections to battery or battery itself. Just adding my two cents

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
How old is that battery? Can you jump start your car or pop the clutch. The main purpose of the battery, atleast this is what I thought, is to start the car. Once the car is started your alternator maintains the electricity in the car. So I am thinking must be Starter or Battery and since you say you have a new starter then must be either connections to battery or battery itself. Just adding my two cents

i cant jump the car..i used a battery charger and it still wouldnt crank over. and the battery is also new.

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

5.0JerM
¯
Member # 5149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0JerM  Ford pictures for 5.0JerM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:

Sounds like a fuel related problem...might be fuel filter or fuel pump, try resetting the fuel shut off switch in the trunk [Confused] just throwin some ideas out there.
where in the trunk is it located and how do you do that??
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:

where in the trunk is it located and how do you do that??
Should be on the rear left side of the trunk. should be able to push it, like a reset button

[ February 13, 2006, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: 03SVTPower ]

--------------------

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
everything light, cd player, everything works inside car and electrical outside. i just bought this starter today..brand fuckin new!

and then..just to see if the old starter worked..i tested it..and it still worked??!?

(tested meaning...put cables to the batt, and then to to the starter....it spinned fine)

so what the hell? its a brand new battery too! could it be the alt?

I would check all of your connections especially your grounds. Even if all of you lights and shit work the may not start b/c the starter pulls a lot of current.

If you can't find the bad connection by looking at it then I would get a good book on testing charging and starting systems, a good multimeter, and run through all of the tests.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com