Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Top End

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Top End
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a new 347 short block that I plan to have in my car, and running by spring. I was planning on buying new heads, and intake, but got a little short on cash. So I decided to have my stock heads, and intake ported. The guy that is porting my heads called me tonight, and said he made a mistake, and destroyed one of my heads. I have another pair of stock heads at my house, and he said just bring them over, and he will start over. I said I would bring them over tomorro, but after thinking about it I decided I probably should not let him do it. If he messes these heads up im screwed. So I decided I will just save up and buy new aluminum heads. I really like the edelbrock performer 2 intake manifold, but are edelbrock's heads any good? I dont know anyone that has them. I know the performer 2 is about the best intake out, but what is the best heads and intake combo? I will either get Trickflow, Edelbrock, or Holley. Let me know what you guys recommend, thanks. Also does it make any since to have trick flow heads and a edelbrock intake, or is it better if they match?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Trick Flow heads are nice. I'm not sure how they would work with the Edelbrock intake (probably ok). The Holley heads will drop the compression ratio of the motor a bit.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, does anyone know how the trickflow heads and edelbrock intake would match up?

--------------------

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get the trick flow it..heads cam and intake..good combo for the price..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

what are the specs on that cam that comes with the trickflow top end kit? it does not say much about it

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get AFR's and nothing else for your combo. You'll be glad you saved/spent the money.... [patriot]
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
GEARHEAD AUTO
¯
Member # 5651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEARHEAD AUTO  Ford pictures for GEARHEAD AUTO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AFR are one of top heads out there
Posts: 134 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com