Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Wheels stick out!!!! HELP!! (PROBLEM SOLVED)(PICS ADDED 5/14) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wheels stick out!!!! HELP!! (PROBLEM SOLVED)(PICS ADDED 5/14)
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Ya, lol, they don't rub because your rims are pushed out far as fukc.

Feel free to drop me a PM or email me if you will be in this area. I'd be happy to investigate it for you.
luke87gt@yahoo.com

Thats awesome man! [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just for your own reference. Here is a 18x9 with two different offsets.

This one is a 12mm Offset:
 -

And here is a 25mm Offset:
 -

You could see that your rims look identical to the picture of the 12mm Offset.

Get the 25mm Offset and you will be fine!
[patriot]

Here is a pic of a car with 25mm offset front and rear.
 -

[ November 10, 2005, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Simple test.
Take off one of your wheels. Lay it flat on the ground with the inside of the rim facing up. Lay a straight edge across the diameter of the wheel, from lip to lip. Take a ruler and measure the distance from the flat part of the rim (the part that contacts your brake rotor) and measure up to the straight edge that you just put down.

Does it measure 5.95"? [Confused]

[ November 10, 2005, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yessssssssssssssssss. Well, I went back to fox stock spindles and SVO rotors w/ 73mm calipers and they tucked in about a 1/2" inch, which is is exactly what I needed. [worship] . To eveyone out there I used SN-95 spindles from a 95 and they stuck out a little farther then then the stock track width. I don't what it is maybe my car is different because I've seen others use the same setup with out problems, but I'm just happy I'm finally able to lower my car. [worship] . Thanks to Luke87GT, BottleFed and venomous99 for all your help and everyone else here at cafords.com. Everything is great however my centercap won't fit with the grease cap on, and it probably wouldn't work if I hammered it down either. I think I could get the center cap to fit if I run it without the grease cap. Has anyone done this or thinks it would be a problem? I'll try to get some pics up.

Thanks again. [patriot]

Oh and my old setup will be up for sale real soon. Front 95 spindles w/ brand new dustshields, calipers (painted black) w/ HAWK BP's (less than 500 miles), POWERSLOT rotors w/ rust proof coating (less than 500 miles). SN-95 Brake Booster from a 95 (Less than 5K). The whole assembly is still together.

[ April 19, 2006, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much?

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to put this kit up for sale $300.00 FIRM [patriot] . SHould have pics and ad up soon.

Thanks [patriot]

[ April 20, 2006, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a part # or anything like that stamped on the spindles to make sure they're 94-95 & not 96 & up? sucks what u had to go thru bro, but glad ur happy now. i had the lincoln/svo set up & u are very limited with wheel choice because of the dust cap bs. also i hated machining those rotors! floating rotors are hella easier [Razz] i'm just a lazy ass [Big Grin]
:
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Gus, glad you figured it out.

Every internet source out there says that the 94-95 spindles preserve the stock track. My experience has been that 94-95 spindles push the front wheels out a bit. 96+ spindles push them out even more so.

I first got clued into this when I saw people on the corral trying to run 18x9 saleen rims on their fox. Many of the guys using 94-95 spindles had rubbing issues while the guys using the Lincoln mark VII hardware, always seemed to get them to tuck nicely!

This is really not an issue with 17x8 Ford rims, but once you start pushing the envelope with 9 inch rims in the front, every bit counts.

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
is there a part # or anything like that stamped on the spindles to make sure they're 94-95 & not 96 & up? sucks what u had to go thru bro, but glad ur happy now. i had the lincoln/svo set up & u are very limited with wheel choice because of the dust cap bs. also i hated machining those rotors! floating rotors are hella easier [Razz] i'm just a lazy ass [Big Grin]

no need for part numbers.
look at the tie rod mounting arm on the spindle. If it is curved, it is a 94-95. If it is straight, it is a 96+. Easy

--------------------
Stangless

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, thanx 4 all d info again luke!
:
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Gus, glad you figured it out.

Every internet source out there says that the 94-95 spindles preserve the stock track. My experience has been that 94-95 spindles push the front wheels out a bit. 96+ spindles push them out even more so.

I first got clued into this when I saw people on the corral trying to run 18x9 saleen rims on their fox. Many of the guys using 94-95 spindles had rubbing issues while the guys using the Lincoln mark VII hardware, always seemed to get them to tuck nicely!

This is really not an issue with 17x8 Ford rims, but once you start pushing the envelope with 9 inch rims in the front, every bit counts.

Thanks. Damn that was alot of money and time [Eek!] . I'm thinking of get some 2" drop Intrax springs from summit. Until I save up for my air ride kit [Big Grin] . Oh how plans change [Embarrassed]

Thanks again Luke [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

If I was dropping that low, I'd want more spring rate than those ghetto Intrax springs offer.

--------------------
Stangless

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Hey Luke could you recommend a GREAT spring setfor my application. I am currently running Bilstein shocks all around. I'm looking for a 1.5-2" drop but I dont want a shitty ride. Let me know what you recommend?

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

You already have top of the line shocks and struts that can handle some rate.

If it were me, I would get nothing other than H&R super sports. Thats the combo I wanted to run (Bilstein/H&R SS) but could not get myself to spend $700 on it. Thus I got the Bullitt Kit.

--------------------
Stangless

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Thods were going to be next choice. I think I'll order those. Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

-

--------------------
Stangless

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
 -

I know but my car is moms house and my camera is on the fritz. WTF!I'll try to get them up as soon as possible. Sorry [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle Fed  Ford pictures for Bottle Fed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you figured out your problem gus....give me a call, I have some more info for ou after talking to a few more people...Paul...

--------------------
1988 Saleen convt #522 SC
1989 Saleen #420 408 w/BOOST!
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Posts: 2264 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
bookoo
¯
Member # 6304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookoo  Ford pictures for bookoo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could you please post some pics i have a 89 gt convt and both my front and rears stick out. im not to worried about the rears cause im going to a smaller tire, but you guys have been helpful with the front info. is there anything else to do to make the front not stick out i dont want to lose my front brake setup. can you get the tubular k member built to the 4cly specs so that its not as wide if they really are a smaller track width?

--------------------
50Reasons:member
prev name "hoppin50"
"Yeah whatever"

92 notch 89 & 93 vert
03 explorer 95 silverado
95 cbr 900 RR (2) 63 cadi's
93 blazer

Posts: 131 | From: sac town/n. highlands | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Sorry it took so long, but here you go. Wheels tucked back in 1/2". I need to get the front aligned again once my cc plates and springs go in. My front tires are bit too tall/wide for my taste,..so I'm going from a 245/45 zr18 in front to 235/40 zr18. Should be getting my car back tomorrow after getting lowered and I'll post some more pics of the drop.

-  -  -  -  -

--------------------
91 GT

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
Sorry it took so long, but here you go. Wheels tucked back in 1/2". I need to get the front aligned again once my cc plates and springs go in. My front tires are bit too tall/wide for my taste,..so I'm going from a 245/45 zr18 in front to 235/40 zr18. Should be getting my car back tomorrow after getting lowered and I'll post some more pics of the drop.

-  -  -  -  -

those are 18's?
damn they look tiny, maybe with a drop they will look better.
i want to runn a 18x9 all around on my notch or 18x9 in the front and 18x10.5 in the rear(i might mini tub it)

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont go with the 235s. they'll look to narrow on a 9" rim. the 245s alone are marginal on a 9" wide rim.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Gus Congrats!

You should post this on the corral.
Every internet source I have seen out there states that 94-95 spindles preserve stock track. My experience has shown that this fact is just not so. And I have had a handful of internet regurgitators argue that fact to death with me.

For anyone that thinks that 94-95 spindles maintain the stock track, just read this post.

I have read a plethora of posts on the corral about guys having major issues using 18x9's w/ 5.95BS with 94-95 spindles. Even worse with 96+ spindles, and then curing it with Lincoln hardware.

If I were ever doing 18x9's, I would for sure get Lincoln front brakes with stock 87-93 spindles.

Now get out there and go 4-wheeling! Your car seems more than capable [Wink]

[ May 14, 2006, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
instead of going with a 235 tire, you might want to consider a 245/35. this will give you less sidewall plus 235 on a 9" wheel is almost too narrow, not good.

btw, my uncle just picked up a triple black '92 vert. let the modding begin [patriot] .

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Gus Congrats!

Now get out there and go 4-wheeling! Your car seems more than capable [Wink]

Fucker [Razz] [Mad] j/p . I know it looks soooo ugly not being lowered [Big Grin] . Finally, after today you wont be able to say that anymore and the only 4-wheeler I'll have is my SUV. [Razz]

I can't wait to drive it. I want to see if the springs, subs, STB, and K-member brace made a big difference.

I'll be posting pics on corral.net ASAP. I know those guys on corral.net were all regurgitating that 5-lug conversion web site (http://svo73mm.cjb.net) convincing me that sn-95 spindles were the way to go, ultimately costing me more money [Mad] . Luckily there was one guy, (procharger), on there who showed me the difference between the sn-95 setup and the lincoln setup. Again thanks luke87gt and venomous99 for all the help. This is one project I definately should of took the cheap way out of. [patriot]

[ May 14, 2006, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com