Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94 GT LONG TUBES ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94 GT LONG TUBES ?
19gt93
¯
Member # 5072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19gt93  Ford pictures for 19gt93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone put long tubes on a 94 gt i tried one from the bottom no luck i pulled the headers off a 94 so i know they fit just cant seem to make them go in on my car

[ October 24, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: 94DropTop ]

--------------------
2 hemi's and a 5.0

rickm347
¯
Member # 5323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickm347  Ford pictures for rickm347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know that the steering shaft gets in the way. I would almost say that you have to lift the engine out to get those properly aligned --rick
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if they are like the equal lengths that i had on my old 94, I had to unbolt the motor mount and jack up the motor slightly to get them in... that may help

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
19gt93
¯
Member # 5072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19gt93  Ford pictures for 19gt93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks

--------------------
2 hemi's and a 5.0

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you have to undo the mounts and tilt the engine. driver side, ondo the steering shaft. the pass side is a little harder. makes it a little easier to take the starter out

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like the last two boneheads [Razz] said, take off the starter/steering shaft, loosen up the motor mounts and lift the motor a few inches, saves a lot of stress/hassles, plus it'll get your headers in w/o scratching the finish.

phil

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com