Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Nitrous Help?!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Nitrous Help?!
1CLeeN5.0
¯
Member # 2124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1CLeeN5.0  Ford pictures for 1CLeeN5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Current set-up, all the bolt-ons full off-road exhaust. spintech, e-303 cam with upgraded valve-train, no porting just spings,rods,rockers and lifters, gearing is 3.73 w/ auburn posi and 100 shot n20. the question i have is what pre-cautions should i take. like blow-down tube, bottle blanket. i just want to know how to keep the n20 efficient. thanks
Posts: 67 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saftey in what aspect? Being safe/legal at a track vs. safe as in not blowing the car up safe?

-1 step colder plug
-1-2* degrees retard on timing
-91 oct
-fuel press safety switch
-rpm window or activated switch
-bottle heater/gauge
-purge kit
-blow-down tube

That should get you started and be very safe to use.

Are you running any sort of chip?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is my take on it from your list, but im dumb anyway [Big Grin]

-1 step colder plug, very good idea
-1-2* degrees retard on timing, dpending on where his timing is set right now
-91 oct - is a must on the juice
-fuel press safety switch, good to have but not needed in a low hp ap like this where the fuel pump isnt being taxed, now if u have stock pump, replace it now with a higher volume unit
-rpm window or activated switch, makes it safer, basically is keeps you in check from wanting to hit it off idle or rev it to 8500rpm
-bottle heater/gauge, very good to have to get the most out of a bottle on a cold night
-purge kit - not needed
-blow-down tube - needed at the track but not a bad idea on any car that sits in the sun

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
here is my take on it from your list, but im dumb anyway [Big Grin]

-1 step colder plug, very good idea
-1-2* degrees retard on timing, dpending on where his timing is set right now
-91 oct - is a must on the juice
-fuel press safety switch, good to have but not needed in a low hp ap like this where the fuel pump isnt being taxed, now if u have stock pump, replace it now with a higher volume unit
-rpm window or activated switch, makes it safer, basically is keeps you in check from wanting to hit it off idle or rev it to 8500rpm
-bottle heater/gauge, very good to have to get the most out of a bottle on a cold night
-purge kit - not needed
-blow-down tube - needed at the track but not a bad idea on any car that sits in the sun

Yes i agree with the "king"
[Big Grin]

My experience with the juice is a bit dated.....a safe system i'm sure can be had for less money and added euipment.

I'm not sure about the most current set-ups but i would tend to think a purge kit may be useful espcially at the track [Confused] [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if its an NX kit i dont think you need to do timeing. it says not to [Confused]

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't retard my timing with a 100 shot but will when I go to 150...just to be on the safe side. That's with about 100 octane in there too.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i run a 175shot on my stock block with autolite 24 spark plugs and i set my timing 6 degrees and a 255 fuel pump 24 puond injectors and oh boy [burnout] iam out on those ls1 and some vettes an my boys stock 03 cobra [burnout]

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com