Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Question on Autometer fuel pressure gauge

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question on Autometer fuel pressure gauge
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My fuel pressure gauge just stopped working. It still lights up fine. I traced the wires and everything looks ok still. The wires look ok going to the regulator. Could it be a problem with the regulator? Any ideas how to test? Thanks

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Chris Tann
¯
Member # 1444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Tann  Ford pictures for Chris Tann  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi,

Not a lot of help I'm afraid, 'coz I have exactly the same problem. Where is your fuel pressure regulator located? If you get any clues as to whats wrong, please let me know...

Thanks,
Chris (web"at"christann.com)

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could be a few things. the power wire may have come loose or if fuse taps are used, the fuse blew. or the sensor went bad.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the same problem with mine. Any other suggestions? All wires seem to be connected just fine. I'm beginning to think these autometer fuel pressure gauges are crap....I keep hearing more and more people say they dont work.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its probly not the gauge, your guys cars just suck.. buy a new car.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MINGRYGT:

Now thats the best advice I have ever had. I think it is time!!! [patriot]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
quote:

Now thats the best advice I have ever had. I think it is time!!! [patriot]
That comment was mostly for 91 5.0, but yea your car sucks too.

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I see its one of those guys that talks trash behind a computer.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

quote:
I see its one of those guys that talks trash behind a computer.

your kind of sensitive for a n00b.. [Confused]

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I have looked at some of your other posts and see you don't exactly help people in the tech section. So you need to mind your business and stay out of my posts. As for being newer on the board it looks like tims spent does not add to knowledge for you.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

quote:
I have looked at some of your other posts and see you don't exactly help people in the tech section. So you need to mind your business and stay out of my posts. As for being newer on the board it looks like tims spent does not add to knowledge for you.

I have more then enough knowledge about a car, my car for example. pipe down and know your role n00b. I've been here longer and my car is faster. If you care to find out let me know.

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

We can meet anytime. I may feel like racing, I may feel like slapping the taste out of your mouth. Really it just depends on the mood I am in. Just to make sure you know I am not kidding. I am at 5901 Watt Avenue in Sacramento. You ever feel like coming up this way I would love to meet you.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

By the way I will be gone this weekend, but I have left the next few months open for you to stop by.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Chris Tann
¯
Member # 1444

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Chris Tann  Ford pictures for Chris Tann  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Phew, a thread about fuel-pressure gauges suddenly turned into a thread on testosterone-gauges! [Big Grin]

So, anyone gonna actually tell me where their fuel
pressure regulator is located?

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I tried to turn his comment in to a joke.

Do you have a aftermarket regulator?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

quote:
We can meet anytime. I may feel like racing, I may feel like slapping the taste out of your mouth. Really it just depends on the mood I am in. Just to make sure you know I am not kidding. I am at 5901 Watt Avenue in Sacramento. You ever feel like coming up this way I would love to meet you.

you and sic5pointslow should get together and talk about how I hurt your feelings, i'll drive an hour and a half to find out your a fag.. this has happened a million times people threaten on the sites then in person the decide to change there mind [Confused] which is fine with me.

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I gave my location. You can come anytime.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

quote:
I gave my location. You can come anytime.

would you like my location?? what is it that your trying to accomplish? Other then to let me know that your an e-thug.

[ June 22, 2005, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: MINGRYGT ]

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I posted a legit question. You came in not to help but to talk shit. I responded back in a joking manner and you came back with your bitch ass response again. I am not saying I am a thug or a e-thug. You are the one that sits behind a computer making comments. I merely was stating the facts that you need to get out of my thread. So if you feel the need to keep taking this further thats fine. You have my address. I still am looking for some way to test my gauge or regulator. Do you have any advice on that?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL

Looks to me like MINGRYGT was the one initiating the shit talking. In light of that he should be the one to drive up to Sac to meet with David. I'll add that I've known David for ohh about 14yrs now and although he has mellowed out considerably since we were young, he is definately not an e-thug. Try him, it'll be fun.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

you and sic5pointslow should get together and talk about how I hurt your feelings, i'll drive an hour and a half to find out your a fag.. this has happened a million times people threaten on the sites then in person the decide to change there mind [Confused] which is fine with me.
HAHAHAHAHHA!!! Justin, you are hilarious!!

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com