Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » flat reccomendations?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: flat reccomendations?
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just saw that I have a flat on my mach1, I was just wondering is there anyway besides taking it to a shop to repair it?
[Frown]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can buy a flat repair kit at an autoparts store. However, I would just take it to a shop and have them patch it from the inside. It shouldn't cost you that much.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, put your spare on and don't take it to a shop. Problem solved. [Razz]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just take it to a shop and have it patched. Dont let them plug it or it will usually start leaking again. DONT use "fix a flat", its just liquid, it will throw your tire off ballance and make your car shake like crazy.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Beans
¯
Member # 5711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beans  Ford pictures for Beans  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well you could always take it les schwab tire center in livermore where I work and well we don't tell you this until we finished but the flat will be free. but don't tell anyone I told you this.
Posts: 32 | From: Livermore California | Registered: May 2005  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beans:
well you could always take it les schwab tire center in livermore where I work and well we don't tell you this until we finished but the flat will be free. but don't tell anyone I told you this.

Oh dang! [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some gas stations might plug it for you but it's not as safe a patch... Tire stores usually won't plug.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Ok.... we wont tell anyone... its our secret.... [Razz]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heeheh, i didnt want to drive my 98 ranger, so I swapped on my 10th's to see how I like them.. [Razz]

so, i shouldnt just get that liquid crap, and take it in?

Ive known about that les schwab deal, they've hooked me up before, thats why i always try to go to them [Smile]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put some fix a flat in a tire once and it ate the rim and it wouldn't hold air had to buy a new rim [Mad] [Mad]

[ June 13, 2005, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Cstang50 ]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

Beans
¯
Member # 5711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beans  Ford pictures for Beans  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cstang50:
i put some fix a flat in a tire once and it ate the rim and it wouldn't hold air had to buy a new rim [Mad] [Mad]

yea nevr use fix a flat. you don't know how many people use it and when they come to see me to fix it they have to buy new rim and tire bec it eats up the rubber and will fuck up your rims. never used it and never will....
Posts: 32 | From: Livermore California | Registered: May 2005  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cstang50:

yea nevr use fix a flat. you don't know how many people use it and when they come to see me to fix it they have to buy new rim and tire bec it eats up the rubber and will fuck up your rims. never used it and never will....
NEVER AGAIN [patriot] [patriot]

[ June 13, 2005, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Cstang50 ]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fix A Flat only messes up the rim if you leave it for a long time and then it rusts on the bead of the rim, causing the tire to not sit flush and air to escape from the bead, you have to sand down the inside lip of the rim, clean the tire out and use bead sealer. Don't ever use a plug unless it is only temporary, they always leak and can completely come out.

Just take it to a tire place, they will patch it. Just ask them to use a good patch.

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com