Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » what HP do you think this will make (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what HP do you think this will make
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
i already have the r-302 ketigh craft 347 stroker so i will use it i am going to start looking into twin turbo setups and selling my t-trim

Big single. T76 or so. 18psi

Less shit to fab, less shit to buy, less shit to go wrong.

www.turbomustangs.com

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i am looking for one of the highest HP street car lol

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Show me. [Razz]

Especially when the effeciency of the blower is pegged.

thats my point, with that blowr you wont hit 24psi on that motor, so with 24psi from something like a YSi, it would make some great power

but since turbos have been brought up, a nic 76 would get the job done

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am going to look at the cartech kits i know there is one with t44 that will do 1000 hp

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i am going to look at the cartech kits i know there is one with t44 that will do 1000 hp

umm no, a t44 wount make 1000hp, the kit is just based on a t4 flanged turbo, so you can upgrade to a alrger turbo that can support 1000hp

cartech isnt great anyway

if u want THE best kit out there, TTI (turbo tecnologies inc) is the place to go, they consistently produce one of the highest quality kis around

before you decide on any turbo kit or turbo etc, you need to get on www.turbomustangs.com and look through their knowledge base, the forums, archives, and please do search before posting a question

[ June 08, 2005, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: 66 AC COBRA ]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

i was reading cartechs site they said that thier twin t44 turbos will make 850 to 1000 hp that was just what i read i do not know much about turbos i had a twin turbo coupe but i had a guy who did all the tuning on it in Houston Texas Joe Rivera he used to tune mine charles pogue "chipper" and Mike Murillo from Texas jam before he started texas jam

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get the same set up that Mike is using. [Smile]

He's using a 76 PTK setup on his white gt and that thing totally rips. On top of it he's giving it a little bit of nitrous.

He was in Sac not too long ago doing some tunning.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

ok yeah twin t44's might support 1000hp, butthat is stretchin it a bit

cartech also has a single turbo kit with a t44, that is what i was thinking of

prot turbo makes some decent kits, but tti is still better, they have stuff ready in a few weeks, not months like ptk

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i was reading cartechs site they said that thier twin t44 turbos will make 850 to 1000 hp that was just what i read i do not know much about turbos i had a twin turbo coupe but i had a guy who did all the tuning on it in Houston Texas Joe Rivera he used to tune mine charles pogue "chipper" and Mike Murillo from Texas jam before he started texas jam

I would suggest talking with JeffS. He has a high horsepower single turbo foxbody. I'm sure he would be willing to help you out with your combo [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

i talked to jeff s once about my car

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

what do you think i could get for my t-trim setup? it has 10 rib and cog and complete cartech kit that is power pipe and inlet a complete kit

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com