Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Air Conditiong on 96 Cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Air Conditiong on 96 Cobra
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently attempted to try and refill my A/C on my car but before I did that the test gauge showed that I had to much pressure and not to refill, seek professional help. My car blows air but not cold air. Does anyone know what this can be? thanks. [Wink]

J.P

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like your ac compressor clutch isn't coming on. This can be for a couple reasons...a bad pressure switch....bad ground to the clutch or bad power supply to the clutch or simply a bad compressor clutch itself. First have a friend sit in the car with it running. Than have them turn on the ac in the car to see if the compressor clutch grabs on the compressor. I'd guess no. If not than all you'll need to do is troubleshoot the compressor clutch. Good luck!

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com