Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ??5 lug swap help??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ??5 lug swap help??
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm taking the five lug of a 92 gt..it has disc fronts with 2 caliper pbr brakes off a 99 gt and i belive drums maybe ranger axels...and i plan on putting them on to a 89 gt....thing is i never done it before and need help .i figure its good practice......if anyone can provide a few sites that have steps or instuctions on it it be a big help......i plan on doing the rear because i fugure i can handle taking the rearend cover and c clips off myself...there might be more stuff too it ...i need help .......

[ May 12, 2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: 2ToNE ToNe ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.sn95brakes.cjb.net

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well shit. It looks like you need a username and password to access it now. Ghetto.

--------------------

1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
Well shit. It looks like you need a username and password to access it now. Ghetto.

I noticed that too [Frown] Why!
:
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

I have no clue. It was written by a guy who posts on Corner-Carvers.com and the people there know their shit. Kinda shitty though.

--------------------

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The rear is easy but the front is really involved. If you don't have confidence in doing the front, I would recommend having someone who has done it before do it. It's your brakes you know, you need to stop......Do you have all the swap parts? Spindles, hubs, rotors, bolts, lines, adapter fittings, ball joints(or you can drill out the holes in the spindles), etc?

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can download the article that I wrote on the 5-lug swap from my filesharing page. Let me know if you have any trouble dl'ing it and I can e-mail it to you (word or pdf).

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=seanfitz&templatefn=FileSharing9.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.9.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en

Sean.

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com