Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cam ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cam ?
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well when i was at alteredspeed gettin my dyno done John (owner) said that i should go with some cams and longtubes....only prob is i only have enough for one of the mods right now! lol...

i want cams...and they said theyd get me some and install them for $$750 out the door! is this a good price??

Or should i just go with some longtubes and have them install them?? i didnt ask how much for the longtubes though..

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$750 is what they typically charge to install a cam in mod motors!! i think you may of misunderstood him if he is going to get you the cams and install. cams alone are $600 not including the 600-750 for install.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you not worried about smog if you go with longtubes? I think either way you go, if you can only do one of the mods, they both should be about equal in HP im guessing.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd wait if I were you.

Reground cams will not make much gains on an N/A motor. Billets like the Comp line won't make huge gains on stock heads....

What I'd do is save up for some Patriot CNC heads & cams ($1800 total) & slap on some longtubes at that time. With an off-road exhaust, these heads/cams, & a stock PI intake you'll be real close to 300RWHP...if not over.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so...those numbers do sound nice.

ill have to look into that stuff..i would like the patriot heads tho..

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com