Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best mods for a Lightning..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best mods for a Lightning..
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well my bros friend just got a 2000 Lightning..pretty clean..

what are the best mods to get on these?

i was thinkin pully and catback? what do u guys think?

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue97GT:
well my bros friend just got a 2000 Lightning..pretty clean..

what are the best mods to get on these?

i was thinkin pully and catback? what do u guys think?

...and a tune if you dont want it to blow up with a pulley [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha..true

but im tryin to help this kid out...HES 16!! and has a fuckin Lightning..Kinda like the guy thats 16 with the 99 COBRA! [Razz]

anyway, he doesnt know shit about his truck
he said it had an aftermarket manifold?? haha and a TB..but i looked and it was stock..LOL and the biggest laugh of them all..

He said it was an aftermarket supercharger because it said EATON on it...LMAO!!

but im tryin to help him out cause he needs some help..plus hes my bros friend so...yea.

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pulley
Tune
Exhaust
Gears
100 Shot [worship]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If thats the case, i wouldnt help him make the truck more powerful. If he's only 16 tell him he needs to learn how to drive first before getting more power than the truck already has [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
haha..true

but im tryin to help this kid out...HES 16!! and has a fuckin Lightning..Kinda like the guy thats 16 with the 99 COBRA! [Razz]

he said it had an aftermarket manifold?? haha and a TB..but i looked and it was stock..LOL and the biggest laugh of them all..

but im tryin to help him out cause he needs some help..plus hes my bros friend so...yea.

16 with a lightning?? Bastard [Razz]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4lb lower
custom tune
factory tech valve body

Also lookinto getting an oil separator kit.

www.nloc.net is all about lightnings

[ March 18, 2005, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: 93redcobra ]

1989lx5.0
¯
Member # 3699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1989lx5.0  Ford pictures for 1989lx5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
If thats the case, i wouldnt help him make the truck more powerful. If he's only 16 tell him he needs to learn how to drive first before getting more power than the truck already has [Big Grin]

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
1979 pace car

1985 svo

www.californiafords.com the better calfords

Posts: 552 | From: near fresno | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with AJBlackGT, the kid should learn how to drive it before he mod's it up. With those mod's people listed he can get that truck up to 460 horses easily, but what's the point of having a 460 horsepower Lightning if you can't drive it because it's sitting in his parent's garage because he spun it out in the rain and slammed into a curb and into a tree.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:
haha..true

Damn I still had a bus pass at 16 [Frown]
:
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1989lx5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:

+1 [patriot]
I agree, he will wreck it before a year is up

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do your freind a favor and make sure he's know what kind of power were talking about here and can handle it! [patriot]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, I have a 2000 Lightning too... These are the best mods for sure:

6lb exchangeable pulley (Makes the supercharger whine like crazy, ohh and it gives you like 40hp)
Cold Air (helps a little more air get through)
Predator tuner or the new Xcalibrator(Makes everything work together, and keep the truck safe.. For best results get a tune for street and an aggressive tune for the track)
FTVB (I particularly dont have one, but it really makes the truck fun to drive.. Like spinning through a few gears and it shifts great)
Spark plugs (these arent a necessity, but you may have detonation with all that boost. I still ahve the stock plugs with this setup above, and pulled 400hp and 500tq to the wheels. So this will keep you happy for a long time!!!

These are the basics, but later you can get a port through apten or stegmier, and some cooling stuff like an e-fan, cobra water pump, and heat exchange. And if your going to go to the track, make sure you get some traction bars and either slicks or drag radials...
SVTperformance.com
Nloc.net
Are a few good place to meet people...
RPMoutlet.com
Johnnylightningperf.com
Lightningforceperformance.com
Can give you some good deals. Especially LFP, talk to Mark, he always hooks it up!!!
Hope this helps!

Marc g

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Oval:
Do your freind a favor and make sure he's know what kind of power were talking about here and can handle it! [patriot]

Yes i tried telling him to drive for awhile first cause it has a lot of power...he has NO CLUE on how to drive this thing..

HE is seriously DUMB! this is what my brother told me he did..

He whipped it around a corner and LET GO OF THE WHEEL!!! and my bro asked him why he did that and he said "because your suppose to!" what a f-in TARD! im not going to tell him what to do to it util he knows what commen sense is.

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats what drifters do, lol

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yes i tried telling him to drive for awhile first cause it has a lot of power...he has NO CLUE on how to drive this thing..

He whipped it around a corner and LET GO OF THE WHEEL!!! and my bro asked him why he did that and he said "because your suppose to!" what a f-in TARD! im not going to tell him what to do to it util he knows what commen sense is.

please save his life and the lives of those on the road around him and chop off his arms and legs so he can't drive the thing

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by zpyro35:
quote:
quote:

please save his life and the lives of those on the road around him and chop off his arms and legs so he can't drive the thing
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
Originally posted by zpyro35:
quote:
quote:

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]
LMAO! [patriot]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sum beach... took me till im 21 to get a lightning... and he's 16, hmmm something wrong with that?? you should know a little bit about a vehicle before just jumping into one especially a lightning which has great potential to be scary fast!!

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:
haha..true

he said it had an aftermarket manifold?? haha and a TB..but i looked and it was stock..LOL and the biggest laugh of them all.. ....

HAAAAAAAHAAAAAA LUCKEY BASTARD

[ March 18, 2005, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: six 5.0 ]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com