Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Honda Accord Question (sorry)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Honda Accord Question (sorry)
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since I bought our accord 92 lx. When the car is off and key is out the power windows still work.

When you turn the car off and then back on the radio looses all its memory stations every time.

The car lighter will only work with the car on.

What wires are crossed that is causing this? I really just want the damn radio to remember the set stations!

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like the radio's constant is hooked up to the ignition. You need to pull the radio out and hook it up so the constant always has power to keep the memory.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
Sounds like the radio's constant is hooked up to the ignition. You need to pull the radio out and hook it up so the constant always has power to keep the memory.

YES! I thought the same thing and my consistant was going to be the cig. lighter but that bastard doesn't work unless the car is on. So that means its getting no power when its is off thus hooking up the radio to that isn't going to work.

Then JUST and I mean JUST! the other day after owning this car for over a year found out the windows work with NO key in or car on....why I never noticed this before I have no clue but how could this be...are my windows hooked up to this secrect consistant wire I need?

[ February 10, 2005, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I have an '02 Accord EX. The power plug (or cigarette lighter plug) only works with the key on. It's a Honda thing.

Also, the power windows will still work for a minute or so after turning the car off. That is, until a door is opened.

As for the radio, you need to find a 12V line to hook the constant in to.

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Sean90GT:
Well, I have an '02 Accord EX. The power plug (or cigarette lighter plug) only works with the key on. It's a Honda thing.

Also, the power windows will still work for a minute or so after turning the car off. That is, until a door is opened.

As for the radio, you need to find a 12V line to hook the constant in to.

thanks for the info on the lighter and windows. As for the radio what would you suggest I use for a 12v line that will work and not leave the radio ON after the car is off?
Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the power you should have two power lines coming out of the deck (usually a red and a yellow). I believe that the yellow is the constant. It just needs to be hooked up to constant power. Anything that is powered when the key is off. This is the line that keeps your presets and clock settings. The red line is usually tied in to a switched 12V wire that is energized with the ignition. This is the line that powers up the deck for play.

I may have the wire colors backwards so somebody correct me if wrong.

edit - Is this a stock deck or aftermarket???

[ February 14, 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Sean90GT ]

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Sean90GT:

edit - Is this a stock deck or aftermarket???

its a cheap aftermarket. I'll try hooking the yellow up to the clock wire and leave the red wire as it is and see what happends.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com