Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HELP!! Bad Module?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!! Bad Module?
gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are the symtoms of a bad module?My car will start when its cold but will die when it gets warm.Try to start it and it won't.I have to let the car sit for about 1 hr or so and it will start up again.

--------------------
gt40

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, change the TFI module.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Yup, change the TFI module.

Damn tfi mod. don't forget your gonna need to buy the special bolt key to get the two little bolts out of the module. Its only like $3 the module is like $65 and is ugly as sin unless you buy the more expensive one.

Now that I think about it. Can anyone tell me if it would be a bad thing to paint a tfi module? maybe some heat resistant paint? Considering its a heat sensitive part that is located at one of the most heated areas of the motor.

gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also, when the cars stalls it starts backfiring.
Would this symtom also be an issue of the TFI module being bad?

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gt40:
Also, when the cars stalls it starts backfiring.
Would this symtom also be an issue of the TFI module being bad?

from my understanding the car just dies...no stalling or backfiring of any kind...it might not be your tfi. I did some research online when I thought mine went out and found that ford had a major recall on the tfi mod. Not before they made millions of dollars off the faulty part though. It was a kind of cover up by ford that eventually could not be ignored. Car will be running fine then just turn off like you were to shut the car off while driving. This results in no power steering or braking thus causing accidents on freeways and such. VERY BAD you may want to try running the codes on your car.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com