Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 347 Dyno Numbers, first time. Want feedback! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 347 Dyno Numbers, first time. Want feedback!
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have to ask this..

what is the difference bewteen a mustang dyno? and a dynojet? and why is there a difference?

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dynojet is a inertia dyno, mustang dyno is a load bearing dyno. both have thier pluses and minuses. a dynojet will read slightly higher HP, and from what I have personally seen is accurate with 1/4 time calculators.

a mustang dyno has the ability to load the vehicle based on many variables, such as vehicle weight and wind resistance, but if you get any of this stuff wrong it spits out some "off" numbers, its pretty cool, but I can I do everything I need to do with my dynojet, it also has a brake feature that somewhat simulates more load, which is kinda cool.

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue97GT:
i have to ask this..

what is the difference bewteen a mustang dyno? and a dynojet? and why is there a difference?

A dynojet has an 11000lb roller and does not care how much your car weighs. The Mustang dyno has a 1400lb roller and uses your vehicle weight to help adjust it to better guarantee a more accurate reading. The dynojet tends to read about 10% higher than a Mustang dyno. However you can put the newer Mustang dynos in "dynojet" mode if you want to compare them. The shop in Tracy can do this. I opted out since I wanted to spend my extra pull on an adjustment.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com