Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Heading to the dyno with my 03 Cobra... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Heading to the dyno with my 03 Cobra...
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Any updates?

The car is currently at the dealership for the rear end/suspension noise. If everything is ok/fixed i'll be heading to SAC this Saturday!

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
quote:
Any updates?

The car is currently at the dealership for the rear end/suspension noise. If everything is ok/fixed i'll be heading to SAC this Saturday!
get ready to get smoked... [burnout]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:
quote:
Any updates?

get ready to get smoked... [burnout]
Bring it! [dance]

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Got my car back from the dealer and it is 85% clunk-free. I think I still hear something every so often and they are going to do the 14mm bolt upgrade for me next week to hopefully get it 100% clunk-free it.

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Got my car back from the dealer and it is 85% clunk-free. I think I still hear something every so often and they are going to do the 14mm bolt upgrade for me next week to hopefully get it 100% clunk-free it.

Did they rebuild the rear? I have an 03 Cobra trac-loc and it made noises for a while after it was rebuilt, it took along time for the clutches to loosen up. Take it out and do a bunch of crazy eights and see if the noise goes away.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:

Did they rebuild the rear? I have an 03 Cobra trac-loc and it made noises for a while after it was rebuilt, it took along time for the clutches to loosen up. Take it out and do a bunch of crazy eights and see if the noise goes away.
The just tightened up the nuts/bolts and readjusted the tailpipes. [Confused] It is still cluncking a little but not nearly as bad.

--------------------

Mario@Strictly-Motorsports
¯
Member # 381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Ford pictures for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are tuning with SCT and also doing Gear installs. Our guy doing installs sets up gears for ProStock/Drag cars that are making 800HP+. We use FMS/FRPP gears and a top of the line install kit. We like to keep things in-house so that you know who you are dealing with. Our Gear guy has over 10+ years of installs.

--------------------
Mario

Posts: 221 | From: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

New numbers today with the changes being Autolight AR103 plugs, and a 2.76 pulley:

-

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What type of pulley did you go with?

So do you think the problem was just belt slip then?

Anyway good #'s

[burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Mario@Strictly-Motorsports
¯
Member # 381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Ford pictures for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't 12.0:1 slighty lean for a blown car? I thought 11.5:1 was ideal?

--------------------
Mario

Posts: 221 | From: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by Mario@APEX & Strictly-Motorsports:
Isn't 12.0:1 slighty lean for a blown car? I thought 11.5:1 was ideal?

On a pushrod motor 1.5 is usually ideal but the modular motors seem to like slightly leaner AF ratio's.

[ December 03, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
What type of pulley did you go with?

So do you think the problem was just belt slip then?

Anyway good #'s

[burnout]

Thanks! I'm running the billet-flow interchangable non-slip pulley setup. I'm not sure if it was the plugs, belt-slip or something else. My timing is conservative too with only 18* total.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com