Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » suggestion on headers.. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: suggestion on headers..
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any long tube or mid-length header will not pass smog, cats or no cats. If you need to pass smog I'd suggest the Ford Racing parts headers ceramic coated. The JBA's are harder to install and they crack as mentioned above. Expect about a 5-10 horse gain with shorties. There's many methods to installing the headers. Without the motor out or k-member dropped it is a royal pain the ass. I always drop the k-member to do them.
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so jus stick with shortys? okay..heres the scenerio..im lookin to buy somethin for my car..jus dont know what. if anybody has any ideas LMK..interior, exterior, performance, etc. whatever..jus fill me in on your opinions.
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Upgrade the brakes or throw a NX wet kit on it. I did a 100 shot on your year GT and it really woke the car up. Clean and easy horsepower when done right.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will my GT's bottom end handle that NX kit?? or will it blow?
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

I've done several with no issues. You just need to make certain your jet sizes are correct. When the kit is installed I typically put it right on the dyno to verify that and make any jet changes at that time.

--------------------

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

how much could i get one for? would u be able to install it? how much would u charge me?
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Yes I could certainly install a kit for you. There's many different options with NX kits like remote bottle openers/bottle heaters and what not. If you want give me a call at the shop tomorrow and we can go over the details. Our # is located @ the link below

--------------------

Blue97GT
Member # 4241

cool thanks man...i plan HOPEFULLY gettin one in a month.jus gotta find the right one first. btw, jus off your head how much am i lookin at for an install? can you give me a price range?
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:
BAssani mid lenghts
now thouse are a bitch LOL

they wrap around the steering shaft, I had to install some man i tell you that was hard but,
when the head gasket blew on that car and I had to swap the gasket out
Holy crap thats all I have to say, couse you cant lift the motor since the headders wraps on the steering shaft talk about a job LOL, removeing and installing the heads LOL fucken shit that was the heardest thing I have had to do.

I have done this crap somemany times on my own car not to mention othere peoples and it nevers seems easy, it goes fast but fuck for reals talk about some work for headders lol

if they wrap around the steering shaft just loosten it and pull it out along with the headers

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue97GT:
found some long tubes w/ catted H for 400..is this a good deal????

depends on what kind they are?

and to anwser ur ? on installing the headers i could but it will be kinda expensive for headers,mid pipe and install

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

My old stock motor handled 150 shot, but the upper plastic intake didnt [Big Grin] when i made a little mistake. It handled 1 good backfire but onthe 2nd back fire [Eek!] BA BOOM!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:
BAssani mid lenghts
now thouse are a bitch LOL

they wrap around the steering shaft, I had to install some man i tell you that was hard but,
when the head gasket blew on that car and I had to swap the gasket out
Holy crap thats all I have to say, couse you cant lift the motor since the headders wraps on the steering shaft talk about a job LOL, removeing and installing the heads LOL fucken shit that was the heardest thing I have had to do.

I have done this crap somemany times on my own car not to mention othere peoples and it nevers seems easy, it goes fast but fuck for reals talk about some work for headders lol

if they wrap around the steering shaft just loosten it and pull it out along with the headers
thats what I did, but goin back in talk about crap LOL, fucken took me for ever, no room what so ever to manover the steering colume, I did it but never again thats all I can say,

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

told NOS the bitch,
it will hold, but nothing is a for sure, when modeing a car, shit will break sooner or later no mater what,

It looks like your trying to go fast cheap, and useally people cut conners when they go cheap, and well KABOOM

if you dont have the money to built it anytime soon

I would just do gears and exshoust and be happy, couse once the power adder goes on, well its just a matter of time, Id say save a commuter car, just incase ur car granades,

as far as NOS KITS
for you car id say ZEX kit, would be best it has a safety switch which moniters fuel pressure and incase your PSI is low is compensats the amount of NOS it lets in your engine,it also comes with a WOT switch built into the kit
this was garantie you the nos kit dont turn on till you at WOT, also your intake will be fine, most people that have blown their manifolds is due to runing a WET shot, with the way the intake is desinged it tends to puddle the fuel and its a matter of time KABoom

you can run 75 shot with stock timeing
if you want to go higher get a timeing adjuster and back it out 2 deg so your runing no more the 8deg of timeing on the adjuster
that should be good for about 125, which is the most id recommend for you car. also never run anything below 91 octane when runing the NOS

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com