Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » switching from holley systemax2 to edelbrock rpm intake thoughts (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: switching from holley systemax2 to edelbrock rpm intake thoughts
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher:
Do what im doing, get the rpm intake and hook a wet plate in between the upper and lower intake. You WILL love it.

so he will still be lower on power than he should be then make up for it by putting nitrous into it

OR, get it working right then put a little less nitrous into it, eitherw way he is playing the "how long will the stock block last" game

but i would rather make 400hp and a 100hp of nitrous before i went less power more nitrous

abd they make a plate kit for holley's

bigger cam, make sure everything lines up and is dialed in, and have 400+rwhp and then put as much nitrous as u want to risk putting into it on a stock block

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93lx342:
i had a 342 10.5-1 afr 185 out of box,rpm unported(ports didnt line up}and a HITECH MOTORSPORTS cam and made 371rwhp and 380 ft lbs.ran 11.7 at 119 on dry rotted sportman pros.

The cam is the key here. You can ghetto replicate his grinds by using a higher duration rocker intake but it still wont be as nice as actually using a hitech cam but you can crutch it for now. That is what I did on a 331 I built for a guy awhile back. He was very happy with it.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
camara90's old motor, I believe he sold it to drew, was a 10:1 347 with a hitech motorsports cam, cleaned up AFR185s and a RPM intake with 42# and it made something like 420+rwhp and 415+ rwtq. He used to have a holley but switched to the RPM and had to port it

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah from what I remember camara90s car ran hard and he used hi tech motorsports cam

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

THE PUNISHER
¯
Member # 4333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE PUNISHER  Ford pictures for THE PUNISHER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
Yeah from what I remember camara90s car ran hard and he used hi tech motorsports cam

Do you know if he ever took it to the track; what numbers was he doing mid 11s?
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher:
quote:

Do you know if he ever took it to the track; what numbers was he doing mid 11s?
111.1 at 124.5

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
chris beat me to it

[ October 10, 2004, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: 66 AC COBRA ]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

and when they say ported intake, they mean HEAVILY ported intake

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] [patriot] Ive heard nothin but good things about Brian @ hi tec motorsports, Jay Allen @ Camshaft Innovations, and Ed Curtis @ FTI

--------------------

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
and when they say ported intake, they mean HEAVILY ported intake

It was ported to make a consistent cross section with the head. The Holley was bigger than the ports of the heads so the RPM went on to get a more consistent/matching runner size. So the ported RPM was smaller than a stock holley.

1SlowLX, did you actually degree this cam? Did you check port alignment between head/intake and make sure the gaskets are trimmed around the openings? Something doesn't add up to the power you're making with the parts you have. Building an engine takes more than goods parts and just slap them on. Everything should be checked for accuracy so that when something like this happens you can have a record of where to look. If none of it is checked, then it's all a guessing game.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Mile an hour like a mofo for NA small block dorf motor.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't put this cam in. It was put in by the engine builder so I have no clue on how he put it in. I would love to say it is degreed but I don't know. On the dyno my car was on slicks don't know if that matters or not. But the best times with the old exhaust and valve spring when the valves were floating it went 12.2 at 116 with a 1.9 60ft. I know it has more mph in here and more time but practice makes perfect or as we say things break [Eek!]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
practice makes perfect or as we say things break [Eek!]

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com