Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » switching from holley systemax2 to edelbrock rpm intake thoughts (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: switching from holley systemax2 to edelbrock rpm intake thoughts
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the holley on there right now and I am sure I can gain some power with the edelbrock. I want to know what you guys think. It is going on a nitrous 347 with 10.1 comp and TEA 185 heads. last time on the dyno the graph went up nice and it made 363 rwhp and 360rwtq and pulled to 6700 and I let off. It has a 240 244 cam on a 110 lobe sep and 545 lift on both sides longtubes with a complete 3 inch exhaust. I just don't want to buy another intake and make less power and do all the work twice thanks

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RPM or RPM II? The Holley is hard to beat on a stroker. Do your ports line up perfectly?

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they were pretty good I had my lower gasket matched to a 1262 and it lined it well. I am just seeing because if it can make a difference i might as well try something new [Big Grin]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's only money.
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

not worried about the money factor worried about the time to switch and switch back that is bull [Big Grin]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

And which intake? You didn't answer.
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

I have the holley now and thinking about buying the edelbrock performer rpm I just don't want to switch and switch back

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think either is going to be worth your time and money

there is something else holding you back, its not the intake

if everything is mechanically ok, i am going to put my money on the cam, why have ported 185's and a cam that i would put into a stpck shortblock 302 with off the shelf edelbrocks

yeah its a custom, but i dont guess i just dont like how it was specced, not enough lift for the head flow among other things

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the rpm 1 might be a little small for that combo. I would look into the rpm 2, but if you are revving it past 6700rpm, I would even look at the victor , if you dont mind losing a little low end.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you pretty happy with the single pattern with regards to lift on your camshaft?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

I think it can make more power with another cam but I didn't pick the cam out the people who did the heads picked me a cam oh well. Thinking about changing that also

--------------------

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would try some 1.7s on the intake

assuming you now have 1.6s on intake and exhaust

[ October 09, 2004, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: PunkINa5.SLOW ]

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
I have the holley now and thinking about buying the edelbrock performer rpm I just don't want to switch and switch back

OK-
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPM Intake OR RPM II Intake!!!!

Which one are you considering buying or already have?

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

just the NORMAL RPM because I think the RPM II looks like the holley

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

there is a reason the rpmII, the upgraded version looks like the holley, because I and obviously edelbrock think its a better design

the holley intake is flawed mostly because the ports dont line up, but if yours does then its not the intake

I would be looking into a cam change and have it degreed in, and then go for it

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:

If that is your criteria for deciding which intake to get, quit while you are ahead. Drive and enjoy it.
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

no it isn't but I have heard very good things about the regular rpm and the rpm 2 reminds of a holley and it looks like the runners would be a lot longer than the regular rpm.

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
no it isn't but I have heard very good things about the regular rpm and the rpm 2 reminds of a holley and it looks like the runners would be a lot longer than the regular rpm.

Why not actually find out the runner length instead of guessing by how it looks? Start w/ www.edelbrock.com .
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Or how about a direct comparison.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/138_0401_rpm_edelbrock_intake/index.html

Google can be very useful.

[ October 09, 2004, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

also the cost for the rpm2 compared to the rpm. RPM is a little cheaper

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay with the Holley! [patriot]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get Ahold of 93pony and tell what you have and what you want to do, cause I also think your Cam might be a bit of a restriction. Also what size MAF are you running and what size TB? I don't think you will see any gains from a regular RPM and I don't think you will see big if any from a RPM2 I would keep that intake on there. I know of a guy that had a regular stock box RPM, stock box 185's and a xe274 cam, all in a 342. He made I believe 365 rwhp, don't remember the torq. There should be a little more left in your set-up, with your slightly ported heads and the different intake. I would for sure research on changing the cam.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

slightly ported heads [Eek!]

--------------------

93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a 342 10.5-1 afr 185 out of box,rpm unported(ports didnt line up}and a hitech motorsports cam and made 371rwhp and 380 ft lbs.ran 11.7 at 119 on dry rotted sportman pros.

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

THE PUNISHER
¯
Member # 4333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE PUNISHER  Ford pictures for THE PUNISHER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do what im doing, get the rpm intake and hook a wet plate in between the upper and lower intake. You WILL love it.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com