Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ok, so my car still does not start!!! here is what i've done..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ok, so my car still does not start!!! here is what i've done..
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i changed my xpipe to stock h pipe yesterday, and drove it around after that.... i was going to go smog it this morning and the car did not turn on. i dont know why, or if i accidently did anything while changing the h-pipe????

since then i have:

checked the spark-good

checked the rotor-good

changed the tfi module-good

changed the blaster coil-good

checked the fuel pump reset button in the trunk (checked to hear the fuel pump turn on)-good

checked the reading on the fuel pressure gauge- good (around 40 psi) and lowered it a little to make sure the engine wasn't flooded (if that could even happen on a injected 5.0)-good

checked fuses under steering column-good

and i don't know what else to check, but im sure i've done more than what i've listed, but can't think of anything else.

and my fuel guage that has worked properly is reading half tank and sounds right with respect to when i last filled it.(but i will fill it to make sure; soon).

i do have an msd 6a box, and i am thinking maybe there could be a problem there???? i dont know... my car cranks, but does not turn over.

i also tried to add more power to the battery with a jump start...no good

anyways this is way too long, and i just wanted to know if there is anyone that has any ideas [worship] or thinks that i have not done something right.... please let me know because i need to smog my car asap,,,, im running out of time...

thanks alex [patriot] [patriot]

[ September 05, 2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: menlo pony ]

Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ September 05, 2004, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: menlo pony ]

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does the car sound at all like it wants to fire? I would try to bypass the MSD and see if thats the issue. It's an easy thing to try.
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you say you checked the spark... how? Did you check at the coil,dist and spark plug?

Of course bypass the MSD first as this is probably the issue.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could you have knocked a wire off the starter?

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no it does not sound like it wants to fire, what soo ever. i will try to bypass the msd...but i didn't install it and dont know how easy it will be for me...the starter cranks the engine alot, so i dont think that is the problem.
88bird
¯
Member # 1424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88bird  Ford pictures for 88bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull a spark plug, does it look wet, black, or what. Might give you info as to what is going on inside the cylinder... Just a thought.
Posts: 149 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull a plug leave it conected and have someone turn it over for you. You will see it fire.
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check motor grounds
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SVTCOBRAFOREVER
¯
Member # 4173

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTCOBRAFOREVER  Ford pictures for SVTCOBRAFOREVER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how about the pick-up coil/stator?

--------------------
1992 Notch LS9 Twin Turbo On its way to completion. Way over 800rwhp on 8lbs.
1990 5.0 (97 cobra powered) Sold

Posts: 453 | From: Concord,CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

quote:
Originally posted by SVTCOBRAFOREVER:
how about the pick-up coil/stator?

what is this? blaster coil...
STrim209StaNg
¯
Member # 4220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STrim209StaNg  Ford pictures for STrim209StaNg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
svtcobra might be correct. the stator. it happen to my stang. crank the hell out of it but wont fire. had to take it in to the ford dealer. cots over 400 bucks. first thed said it was the distributor. but they change the stator and the "ECT" . change that piece.
Posts: 169 | From: KALIFORNIA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so you have fire but no fuel is what it sounds like to me. did you change the easy shit first...fuel filter and the relay under the driver seat? Could be something really simple.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com