Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Went To Sac drag strip...... Results, any comments?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Went To Sac drag strip...... Results, any comments?
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I went to the Sac Drag strip tonight (July 21st)... Don brought his 99 GT out, I will let him post how he did himself. But I was happy with my 01 GT. My 01 has a C&L intake tube, Accufab 75mm TB, C&L Plenum, Steeda U/D pulleys, and a Flowtech O/R X pipe with a pair of Stock Mach 1 mufflers. I was running on ET Streets. I believe they are 26X10.5X16. Here are my runs:
Oh yea, I only got 2 freaking runs cause the place was packed... I hope they have Thursday night racing next year so all of the bullshit cars can go on Thursday and I can go on Wednesday and actually do something. anyway here are my runs:

13.664 @ 102.333

Run 2

13.859 @ 101.357

On the second run I shifted into 2nd gear a little early.... Looks like it killed my speed and I only shifted at like 5800 instead of 6000. I still cant figure out how to launch on those slicks... Can anyone help me out with their technique? By no means am I upset with my times... I think I did pretty good for my mods. Next time I will have my own bottle filled with the right fittings and I will hopefully be in the mid 12's... Comments????

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT, Bolt on's...

Posts: 160 | From: Copper, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes you suck [Big Grin] , oh wait a minute I did worse nevermind. [Eek!] I will soon be out for the bolt on GT title so be ready. [Wink]
Don

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What was the pressure in the ET Streets and how were you launching.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With those tires you should be able to hit low 1.8's and high 1.7's 60ft's....

Your times aren't that bad...If you got your 60ft's down to say a 1.8 you would've ran a 13.4 @ 102mph...

If you only had 2 runs to practice on your ET Streets you should be better next time for sure...Just heat those fuckers up, do LONG burnouts and you should start to hear them start to screech a little... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the tires had 15psi in them and the second time i launched at 4000.... The car still bogged a little out of the hole...

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have gears? even with 3.08s though you should be able to go mid 1.8 60's, which would bring you down to easy mid 13's.

on an ideal pass with 4.10s/4.30s I could see you squeaking a high 12 to 13.1 with 102 mph which might become 103 with great hook

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was able to run a 13.4 at 103 on my bfg drags with a 1.9 60ft im going to be running et streets what should i be able to get the car down to??? i have all the bolt-ons i have
MM control arms,HD uppers,welded tourque boxes and MM full lenth subframe connectors do you guys think i will break something still???and my car is an 02 gt

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good stuff...looks like you're headed for the 12's keep it up!

By the way just wondering if all you guys are still running the stock clutch w/ the et streets and if so how many miles are on it?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BuffMUSTANG:
the tires had 15psi in them and the second time i launched at 4000.... The car still bogged a little out of the hole...

Try 13psi. Big burnout first time- then only small ones after that. Once the tires are spinning, keep your throttle steady and watch your tach. Once they get sticky your rpms will start to drop even tho the pedal isn't moving. As the rpms drop, let off the brake and roll out of the burnout. Stage, wind her up to 5k, side step the clutch and feed it as much throttle as she'll take without spinning.

Oh yeah, you do have AAA Plus, right? [Wink]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That post sounds strikingly familiar Jim! [burnout]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

i have stock clutch, tranny and shifter... I have 32,000 on my 01 GT. I might be wrong but wouldnt taking air pressure out make the car bogg worse out of the hole?

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Although i have no personal experience i would think the same.

Wouldn't raising the launch rpm help help out more to stop the bog out of the hole

[Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
That post sounds strikingly familiar Jim! [burnout]

And care to share your before and after results w/ said familiar post? [Big Grin]
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Suuuuuuuuure!

Before Jim's inspirational burn-out pep talk...

12.1@116

After Jim's blessing in the bleachbox....

11.7@117 [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times with the sixties! I know what u mean about the 16-second cars [Roll Eyes] .

I haven't been to the track lately, but I've launched at 4k on stock suspension/drivetrain and ET streets (25 psi) with no ill effects.

Here's a good tip noone's mentioned yet, try pitching your front sway bar; you will notice the difference!!

Good luck!

FUCK, I need to get back to the track!!

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Add those 60ft's, Hero! Most important part of a run!

[patriot]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ok, ok...so I went from a 1.99-2.02 60ft to a 1.78..big deal. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Launch the car at 4000-4500 or higher if you want. Run 13psi I don't completly side step the clucth but almost. Your foot work needs to be right on, as the clutch is coming out the gas pedal needs to be going down it should be on the floor by the time the clutch is out. When that happens it will feel like you've been rearend and you will see a 1.7x with your setup. The reason why your bogging is your not getting into the gas fast enough. Good luck.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats some really good advice bunchmyfunky that should help me also

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot to add that i disconnected my front sway bar... I'ts been disconnected for about a month now... Would it hurt anything if i just take it all the way off and not put it back on?

Also, a big THANKS to all of the people that replied and am trying to help. Next time i go i'm going to launch at 4500. Don why didnt you ever tell me to launch that high [Wink] .... oh wait, you did, but i'm still scared that my rearend wont hold up...

[ July 22, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: BuffMUSTANG ]

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

quote:
I forgot to add that i disconnected my front sway bar... I'ts been disconnected for about a month now... Would it hurt anything if i just take it all the way off and not put it back on?

Also, a big THANKS to all of the people that replied and am trying to help. Next time i go i'm going to launch at 4500. Don why didnt you ever tell me to launch that high [Wink] .... oh wait, you did, but i'm still scared that my rearend wont hold up...

I don't have my swaybar on the car at all [Smile] As far as the rear holding up thats a tough one some do and some don't. Mine held up for around 400 passes and then it munched the spider gears.
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:

[/qb]

I don't have my swaybar on the car at all [Smile]

How much did removing the sway bars-I assume you pulled both-affect your handling Mark?

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

quote:
Originally posted by yesIdid:
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:

I don't have my swaybar on the car at all [Smile]

How much did removing the sway bars-I assume you pulled both-affect your handling Mark? [/QB]

Its not to bad. But then again I drive like an old man alot of the times.
JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
13.664 @ 102.33

Comments?

Good runs Justin! I'm hoping this wasn't on the spray?

Just for comparison's sake, I was only able to run 13.7@104 with a 2.4 60" in the 98 (on street tires).

You need gears in that thing.

[Smile]

--------------------
03 Silver Cobra: UPR CAI, Full Bassani Exhaust

Posts: 137 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Thanks J.... No i wasnt spraying... long story, dont want to talk about it... BUT, next time i will definatly be spraying..

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com