Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cam-- Valve to piston ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cam-- Valve to piston ?
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK here it goes. I have the gt40 crate motor with the gt40x heads. I want to install the f-cam thats 512 an 1.7's. Will there be any piston to valve problems? should i run this N/A or would it be ok with a blower? thanx JOHN [Confused]

[ May 28, 2004, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: BlowN67 ]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nope the blower you should give to me.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think you'll be ok with the p-v thing, im assuming your installing it dot to dot.

adding a blower will not change your p-v clearances.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Install the cam straight up (0 degree) and you should not have a problem with those heads. My buddy installed an X-303 cam with the same heads with no problems.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kool that sounds good. I knew the heads have bigger valves just wanted to make sure with the cam an all. so the cam an 1.7's should be good right??????

As for the putting on a blower i just wanted to know if it was a good cam to go with a blower?
Thx for ur inputs

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your kewl as long as they are stock GT40X heads with 1.94 intake valves. If you have 2.02 intake valves you might have an issue.

--------------------

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
Your kewl as long as they are stock GT40X heads with 1.94 intake valves. If you have 2.02 intake valves you might have an issue.

So in your opinion, what is the maximum lift on a motor with stock flat tops with valve relief style pistons? If .542 inches will fit straight up with a 1.94 intake valve, what is the maximum lift for that same (or similar like 1.90) valve size? Just curios

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Sweet thats what i want to hear. no problems with that set up. KOOL
Now this ______
\/

As for the putting on a blower i just wanted to know if it was a good cam to go with a blower?
Thx for ur inputs [/QB][/QUOTE] [burnout]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

550 max!

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

That cam will work for a blower! If your not going with 1.7's then the x cam would work also.
I think the TFS stage 1 cam with 1.7's would be perfect for the street and the blower, and also for smog friendly. If your wanting to smog the car with an aftermarket cam it would be harder with the (F)cam cause of the duration.

--------------------

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

thanx thats all i need to hear, just want a good cam with a blower.. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com