Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Blinker is STILL acting up!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Blinker is STILL acting up!
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For some reason when I hit the blinker switch to make a left it doesnt go on and it makes a fast clicking sound. But when I make a right signal turn it works fine. The left one works 1 out of 4 tries. What can I do? Just buy a new switch or is the fuse? thanks..... its off a 96 Cobra.

[ May 14, 2004, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: J's KING Cobra ]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the blinker going quickly is usually a sign of a blown turn signal bulb either in the rear or the front.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, check your bulbs...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your Blinker Fluid [Wink]
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok ill check my bulbs, thanks [patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
the blinker going quickly is usually a sign of a blown turn signal bulb either in the rear or the front.

[Smile] that would be it! [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have noticed that when I hit the blinker switch very slowly it does signal correctly...could it still be the bulbs? I just wont know until either later on today or tommorow when I have some free time to work on the car. thanks

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J's KING Cobra:
I have noticed that when I hit the blinker switch very slowly it does signal correctly...could it still be the bulbs? I just wont know until either later on today or tommorow when I have some free time to work on the car. thanks

[patriot]

[Confused] It takes about 10seconds to check and make sure all the bulbs are working...btw~Check all the bulbs, with the lights on and off, not just the blinkers....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by J's KING Cobra:

[patriot]

[Confused] It takes about 10seconds to check and make sure all the bulbs are working...btw~Check all the bulbs, with the lights on and off, not just the blinkers....
You must be really slow cause it only took me 8 seconds...just kidding. Well I found out that its the front left bulb that is out. Off to kragens..

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Its not the bulb...i changed it and it still does the same thing....its only when I lock down the blinker. I noticed that when i do it very gently it will blink when I lock it down. So what is it? [Confused]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it could be the switch my car does the same thing and its still doing it took it to a shop and i was told it was the switch but i never changed it [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

quote:
Originally posted by BOTTLED.LX:
it could be the switch my car does the same thing and its still doing it took it to a shop and i was told it was the switch but i never changed it [Big Grin] [patriot]

Ya, Im 99.9% sure its gonna be the switch cause when i tested the wipers they were messing up as well. thanks

J.P

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com