Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel Cell Option??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel Cell Option??
Dusty122
¯
Member # 4480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty122  Ford pictures for Dusty122  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im looking for a Fuel Cell for my 90 Mustang GT vert. I want a Fuel cell that mounts in the stock location and that is safe to the ocasional sparks that my car throws because it is so low to the ground. Also i want one that has filler access from the middle top area so i can relocate the filler tube to the back of the license plate instead of the side of the car. Also if anyone has had any experiance with relocating the filler to the licens plate the help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

--------------------
90 Mustang GT roadster
top, backseat, windows, mirrors, handles, wipers, springs, heater, a/c (delete all) that stuff is for chumps n e way

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well this would be a custom install to be the way you want it. Fuel safe makes a cell that bolts up in stock location but uses the stock filler tube with it as well. If you want to do this the way you mentioned contact fuel safe. They should be able to build you a custom set up. Also ATL makes custom cells as well.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
427ina67
Member # 4486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 427ina67  Ford pictures for 427ina67        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
Well this would be a custom install to be the way you want it. Fuel safe makes a cell that bolts up in stock location but uses the stock filler tube with it as well. If you want to do this the way you mentioned contact fuel safe. They should be able to build you a custom set up. Also ATL makes custom cells as well.

--------------------
Self improvement is masturbation, but self destruction.........

427ina67
Member # 4486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 427ina67  Ford pictures for 427ina67        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuel safe has universal cells that you can buy. They are basically made to your needs (size wise). They all have the filler on top so that all you would have to do is set the your plates on a hinge and run the filler tube behind the plate.I have seen it done, I and it looks great.

Good luck

--------------------
Self improvement is masturbation, but self destruction.........

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty122:
Im looking for a Fuel Cell for my 90 Mustang GT vert. I want a Fuel cell that mounts in the stock location and that is safe to the ocasional sparks that my car throws because it is so low to the ground. Also i want one that has filler access from the middle top area so i can relocate the filler tube to the back of the license plate instead of the side of the car. Also if anyone has had any experiance with relocating the filler to the licens plate the help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

your car being low is an understatement... [Eek!]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com