Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help! question about fuel presure and idle and vacume,please help?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help! question about fuel presure and idle and vacume,please help?
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well when i start my car and my fuel presure is at 40psi with the vacume off it will surge really bad and try to cut off,but if i set it to 35psi with vacume off it will idle ok,and if i set it to 30psi with the vacume off it will idle perfect,anything higher than 35psi and it will surge really bad and try to cut off only when i start up the car,if i unplug my cap off the vacume line on the back of my preformer intake it will kick up the idle a little and idle fine,then i plug it up and it will try to die,i dont have any vacume leaks,what could it be?code scanner said problem with air injection system or fuel system circet,i have 24lb injectors,gt-40 heads,e303 cam,and preformer intake just to name a few things im working with.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what year is your car?

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car is a 90.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:
but if i set it to 35psi with vacume off it will idle ok,and if i set it to 30psi with the vacume off it will idle perfect

problem solved

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

isent that too low,like lower than stock fuel presure.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no, its not too low because once you change the maf and fuel injectors, stock fuel pressure is irrelevent. a lot of us are running 35 psi or even less. just drop it down and see how it runs

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

it run cool with 30psi with the vacume off and 35psi with vacume off,but i hear stock fuel presure is like 35 or 38psi and some people are running up to 40 psi with 24lb injectors and theres idle fine,mine wont unless its at 30psi or 35psi and no higher with the vacume off,is that normal?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i run 32 with vacume off
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

erick,dose your car surge if you give it more fuel presure?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

would i be running lean with 35psi or 30psi with the vacume off?i have a 190lb pump 24lb injectors.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

dose anyone else run fuel presure around 30psi-35psi with 24lb injectors?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

anyone????

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com