Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » oil pan question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: oil pan question
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm doing a 302 motor build up for my 92 LX. I want to change oil pans to something with a larger capacity. I want to go with something that will clear everything (k member, steering, etc) without any modifications. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, will the stock dipstick work or are there modifications required?

[ May 04, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: 92stangLX ]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
moroso pan works great,and it comes w/ dipstick.got mine at vic hubbard in stock.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you have any clearance issues?
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i also have a moroso pan on my 5.0, fits perfect, BUT, i cant seem to get the right dipstick. summit and jegs both sent me the wrong dipstick, but they claim its the right one. get the PAN from summit or jegs, but definately get the dipstick from VIC HUBBARD. you dont want to buy the pan from vic hubbard as they are a rip off. 180$ at summit.
xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
i also have a moroso pan on my 5.0, fits perfect, BUT, i cant seem to get the right dipstick. summit and jegs both sent me the wrong dipstick, but they claim its the right one. get the PAN from summit or jegs, but definately get the dipstick from VIC HUBBARD. you dont want to buy the pan from vic hubbard as they are a rip off. 180$ at summit.

The dipstick I got with my Moroso worked just fine by bolting on to one of my header bolts. I paid $329 at Summit but I got the kicked out sump pan. Awesome ground clearance with this pan and clears everything stock although not by much.

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spend the money and buy a Canton or Milodon. Zinc plated instead of painted, which will chip and then the pan will rust, and the pan isn't even coated on the inside. Most Canton pans also have a crank scraper built in, with a slosh baffle(which the Moroso has also). Plus the dipstick doesn't bolt to the damn headers. Much better quality in my opinion, put them on plenty of motors with satisfied customers who haved used the Moroso pan with less than optimum results. Plus they are only about $250 for a 7 qt. 5.0l pan with a scraper and baffle and dipstick and pick-up [patriot]

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like the Moroso is a good setup.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just installed a 306 with a Moroso 7qt pan. It fits great and seals WONDERFULLY with the ford one piece gasket!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com