Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » quality of fiberglass from age classic design

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: quality of fiberglass from age classic design
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was wondering if anyone had any experiance with their fiberglass bumpers rumors how they fit anything will help out will save me a bunch of money thanks guys [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't do it

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with Cervini's. Most other manufacturer's (unless OEM) can't beat their ease-of-fit. Their prices are somewhat higher, but it pays off with less prep time. Saving $50-100 is nothing when it takes 4+ hours to prep it for paint and fitting problems after.
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87 Saleen:
don't do it

what the kid said..dont do it

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All hoods need prepping and sanding down of the 'glass, and the Cervini's is no exception, the best, by far, fitting hood on the market is a Ford hood(cobra r). Or go with a Harwood, a lot more money, but in the end, you will be much happier. Most aftermarket hoods have extra material to make up for difference's in people's vehicle measurements.

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guys i am getting that stalker bumper and age classic was the only place with the same one too bad cause i would have saved like 300 but i figured cervinis is the best

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, bumpers, now that is a different story!!!! Cervini's uses urethane like OE, AGE uses fiberglass. The cervini's bumper might fit better because you can flex and stretch the urethane, you have to massage the 'glass to fit. Also, if you hit somthing, the urethane will flex, the 'glass will crack and break. Body kits, by urethane, for hoods though, they are all the same, I would by the cervini's bumper and a harwood hood, because appearance is everything if you are going to change those parts [patriot]

--------------------

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Platinum Pony:
thanks guys i am getting that stalker bumper and age classic was the only place with the same one too bad cause i would have saved like 300 but i figured cervinis is the best

just remember, with everything in life, especially car parts, you get what you pay for. what seems like a deal in the beginning, will cease to look so good after more $$ is spent making the cheap part perform/look like the more expensive piece. splurge once and don't regret it.
my two pesos

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by vpr_klr:
well, bumpers, now that is a different story!!!! Cervini's uses urethane like OE, AGE uses fiberglass. The cervini's bumper might fit better because you can flex and stretch the urethane, you have to massage the 'glass to fit. Also, if you hit somthing, the urethane will flex, the 'glass will crack and break. Body kits, by urethane, for hoods though, they are all the same, I would by the cervini's bumper and a harwood hood, because appearance is everything if you are going to change those parts [patriot]

Good advise... [patriot]

Fiberglass bumpers are heavier than urethane too...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another option would be Maier racing They've been making this stuff for thirty some yrs. and there local. [patriot]
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Yeah, Maier does have good shit, you do get what you pay for [patriot]

--------------------

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a lift off cobra R hood from Cobra Designs $200. Fit HELLA GOOD. I also had a cervinis stalker front bumper. They all fit perfect on my 88. Just buy it and save $$$$

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com