Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help with stock fuel pressure

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with stock fuel pressure
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need to know the stock fuel pressure for a 89 Mustang GT.. Thanx.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
39-40 psi
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
beaniechick
Member # 4338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaniechick  Ford pictures for beaniechick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
39-40 psi

is that on vacuum or off vacuum?

--------------------
Sup

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
vacuum off

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

beaniechick
Member # 4338

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for beaniechick  Ford pictures for beaniechick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you....drive thru [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sup

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would the F/P being too high not let the car pass the sniffer? The car is all stock. Thanx

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Find out exactly where on your smog print out that the car did not fall into allowable emissions and this should point out where the car needs to be adjusted. A car running overly rich will produce higher amounts of emissions though.

--------------------

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

The guy at the smog station said it is running too rich.. I checked the pressuer and it was set at 37-39 with Vacume.. So i adjusted it now to 37-39 off vacume.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

So you must have at least an adjustable fuel regulator on the car right. Any other aftermarket items? I'd look into the O2's and make sure they are functioning normally, are the cats good? Things along those lines

--------------------

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Its a stock H-pipe.. That cats should be good.. Not cloged or anything.. ummmm the car defenitly dont smell like its running rich.. The only after market parts i have on it is some pullies and 2 chamber flows..Also.. i have a small exhaust leak.. would that caouse it not to pass? Thanx.

--------------------

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Forgot to add that the O2's look a lil beat up... ummm.. what are sighns of a bad o2 sensor? Thanx

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

No the exhaust leak shouldn't make any difference. The car should really be put on a scanner to figure out where exactly things are a miss. You could have a bad engine coolant temp sensor or various other things that can be seen on a scanner.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

The only way to determine if the O2's are good or not is to watch it on a scanner.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com