Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » stupid air filter!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: stupid air filter!
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i was driving on the freeway and i see something out of my side mirror bounce on the road. i thought i hit a piece of plastic but when i got home i realized i was missing my fenderwall mounted air filter. i was just wondering if i could could just go to kragan and replace it with a normal k&n or do i have to get a new fenderwall style filter from mac?

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, you'll need a conical style filter and a screw driver to tighten it down next time LoL

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, i think they have what you need at kragen. as long as the opening is that right size(4"?). the APC filter might work, hahahaha!

[ April 28, 2004, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: HungryHippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO, in my blue coupe I bought a cheapy CAI off of eBay, and it didn't fit right at all.. but I ended up running over my air filter lol. shit was all smashed, kinda embarassing too. [Embarrassed] [burnout]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha i know, im a dumbass...oh well, it was interesting watching it almost nail the car behind me, not nearly as bad as when i forgot to slam the ski racks down and my friends bored caught air on the freeway and did crazy spins(i was like wtf is that black thing flying in the air...oh shit i think that was your board bro)..and mine was on bottom so it stayed on top [Wink]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sicc98GT  Ford pictures for Sicc98GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
lol, i think they have what you need at kragen. as long as the opening is that right size(4"?). the APC filter might work, hahahaha!

i will check kragen first, hopfully it will fit in the fender!

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What freeway was it???

I could always use a spare filter!!!

Just Kidding

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

quote:
Originally posted by twstd5o:
What freeway was it???

I could always use a spare filter!!!

Just Kidding

its probably still chillen on 680 by the great mall exit in milpitas!

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need the bumper sticker: honk if any parts fall off [Big Grin]
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I recall most cold air kits are 3" don't worry about it man. Shit happens to the best of us at times. The filter you got from mac is most likely smaller length wise than most over the counter K&N's. It is this way to clear the fender.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
If I recall most cold air kits are 3" don't worry about it man. Shit happens to the best of us at times. The filter you got from mac is most likely smaller length wise than most over the counter K&N's. It is this way to clear the fender.

thanks for your information man [patriot]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this happened to me twice. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
this happened to me twice. [patriot]

same, but luckily in my driveway reversing out. It's that damn phone call you get when you are working on your car. [Big Grin]

[ April 29, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:

i had a long day with this, its actually requires 4 inch, i tried a three and a half, wouldnt fit, and as long if its no more then 7 inches long it will fit, of course nobody had this so i had to order one [Mad]

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Murphy's Law. At least it wasn't your girlfriend's cat that you ran over.

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

That sucks, I thought they were 3" but guess I was wrong on that one. Hopefully you'll get it in the mail before to long
Sicc98GT
¯
Member # 1862

they should be here on the first!!! untill then the car can sit in the garage and collect dust haha

--------------------
Black 98 GT - sold
05 trd off road tacoma

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com